Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Foraging For Snails
Posted By: snooked, 09-24-2008, 07:48 AM

Family of Limpkins. Adult showing juvinile how to survive. In the last photo Limpin Jr. gets the meal (Apple Snail).

Ed

Attached Images

Views: 1,544
09-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots! I saw the second one in PPG, and decided that despite the distracting vegetation it was too lovely a pose not to vote yes. They must have been challenging to shoot. The last one is great, what a funny position they're in.

I tried to get some shots once of a Virginia rail in the local waterfowl park, but the darn thing was always behind something, impossible to focus on. Didn't have a big enough lens, either. Or sufficient patience! I'm just not a bird photographer. Hats off to you for getting such charming images.

Julie
09-24-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Great captures.

Merit to the close up and showing the behaviour pattern of the pair. I wonder what lens you use on these shots. You have nailed the focus, colour and contrast. Great framing as well
09-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
JMR
Veteran Member

Fabulous series of shots!

JMR

09-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
snooked

Wildlife in habitat

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Nice shots! I saw the second one in PPG, and decided that despite the distracting vegetation it was too lovely a pose not to vote yes. They must have been challenging to shoot. The last one is great, what a funny position they're in.

I tried to get some shots once of a Virginia rail in the local waterfowl park, but the darn thing was always behind something, impossible to focus on. Didn't have a big enough lens, either. Or sufficient patience! I'm just not a bird photographer. Hats off to you for getting such charming images.

Julie
I hope voters do not reject photos like this because of the background. These shots did take patience, the birds were behind the brush when I came accros them. I remained still and waited, got lucky, and they worked their way out. Gained trust in me and came closer and closer. This is where they find and eat their food. You will not see a Limpkin swooping in and away with its prey like an Eagle or Osprey. Good wildlife shots in habitat deserve to be recognized. Thanks for the yes vote.

To answer another responders question, I used a K20D, DA* 300mm F4 lens.

Ed