Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sports - Football
Lens: Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Camera: Pentax K-5IIs Photo Location: Massachusetts ISO: 320 Shutter Speed: 1/3000s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: khardur, 10-30-2018, 07:20 PM

So I just recently started posting again, I've been really busy. I may disappear again shortly, it all depends on how busy I get, but here's some stuff I've done recently.

I do freelance work for the newspaper, and that ends up being mostly local sporting events. Luckily there's a nearby college, and I occasionally get to go to a game and shoot. It's a nice field, and daytime games are the bomb compared to Friday night high school football under dingy lights.

September 22 2018.
Shutter speed sometimes varies, depending on changing sun. This was a decent game, some high clouds that made the light a touch softer. If it were 100% full sun, it makes it ultra-contrasty.
Shot with the K5-IIs and the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, mostly @ F/3.2 or F/3.5. I don't use 2.8 on that lens, I've never had luck with it wide open.

Anyway, here's some pics, I'll start posting more often. They won't all be this quality, I mostly get sent to poorly lit venues for high school sports. ;c)

just before the game, youth local football teams cheering them as they come on the field:

The release:

and the catch:

and crossing the goal line:

Views: 939
10-31-2018, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You got some great shots! I saw the ones you posted elsewhere shot with the KP and those were excellent too.

Keep up the good work!
11-01-2018, 06:59 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I saw the ones you posted elsewhere shot with the KP and those were excellent too.
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Anyway, here's some pics, I'll start posting more often. They won't all be this quality, I mostly get sent to poorly lit venues for high school sports. ;c)
These are great.

Since you have a KP, I'd love to see what it does using higher ISO to compensate for 'poorly lit venues'.
11-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
These are great.

Since you have a KP, I'd love to see what it does using higher ISO to compensate for 'poorly lit venues'.
ISO 8000, 1/320, f/3.2:
The lights are so bad in this stadium, they "phase" in and out - sometimes I have to use a gradient filter to adjust the color on 1/3 of the image because the color phases from green to magenta.

ISO 10,000, 1/320, f/3.2: (I was pushing it just really to see how high I could go and feel comfortable