eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
These are nice, 'real life', photos.
In what city did you take them?

Ljubljana ,Slovenija ,Europe.Ljubljana is Slovenia's capital and largest city. It's known for its university population and green spaces, including expansive Tivoli Park. The curving Ljubljanica River, lined in outdoor cafes, divides the city's old town from its commercial hub.

Photos were taiken on Ljubljanica river (fishermans) and on bridge cross same river in old town area.
Thank you for noticing my photos
11-05-2018, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lovely pics. Being a big fan of Perpetuum Jazzile, they often post pics of Slovenia; lovely country and people

11-05-2018, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice capture. I've never been anywhere a certain segment of the population has not been completely fixated on fishing. Where I live, the smokers for preserving fish run pretty much year round.
11-05-2018, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Ljubljana ,Slovenija ,Europe.Ljubljana is Slovenia's capital and largest city. It's known for its university population and green spaces, including expansive Tivoli Park. The curving Ljubljanica River, lined in outdoor cafes, divides the city's old town from its commercial hub.

Photos were taiken on Ljubljanica river (fishermans) and on bridge cross same river in old town area.
Thank you for noticing my photos
Forty-five years ago, I was sent to Ljubljana, Slovenia, Yugoslavia for two weeks by my college in order to assist with getting some computer software installed {funded by Ford Foundation}. I thought those scenes might have been there. Ljubljana is truly a lovely city, especially the river area. I guess the other highlight for me was taking an afternoon off so I could hike up to the castle.
11-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
Lovely pics. Being a big fan of Perpetuum Jazzile, they often post pics of Slovenia; lovely country and people
Thx for coment.I'm glad that you know Slovenia and musical group Perpetum Jazzile.Inspired by Gene Puerling, The Singers Unlimited, and The Swingle Singers, the choir performs bossa nova, swing music, funk, gospel, and pop, using harmonies characteristic of close harmony music.Slovenes are ranked in the world's top by number of choirs and singers.

---------- Post added 11-05-18 at 01:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Forty-five years ago, I was sent to Ljubljana, Slovenia, Yugoslavia for two weeks by my college in order to assist with getting some computer software installed {funded by Ford Foundation}. I thought those scenes might have been there. Ljubljana is truly a lovely city, especially the river area. I guess the other highlight for me was taking an afternoon off so I could hike up to the castle.

A mighty medieval fortress, a symbol of the Slovenian capital Ljubljana is an interesting tourist point, the idyllic grounds for long strolls just a glance away from the lively city centre. The Ljubljana castle offers many cultural, historic and entertaining events throughout the year.

---------- Post added 11-05-18 at 01:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Nice capture. I've never been anywhere a certain segment of the population has not been completely fixated on fishing. Where I live, the smokers for preserving fish run pretty much year round.
Ljubljana is one of the few European capitals offering good opportunities for fishing only a short way from the city centre, at the Ljubljanica Fishing Resort.The lower stretches of the Ljubljanica are well known not only for beautiful river banks and bridges, but also as home to large brown trout, grayling, huchen, and pike. Here you can also enjoy ground fishing for barbel and carp or natural bait fishing for chub, common nase, and Danube roach.