Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
people
Posted By: eva, 11-05-2018, 05:43 AM





Views: 349
11-05-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,890
These are nice, 'real life', photos.
In what city did you take them?
11-05-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eva's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 491
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
These are nice, 'real life', photos.
In what city did you take them?

Ljubljana ,Slovenija ,Europe.Ljubljana is Slovenia's capital and largest city. It's known for its university population and green spaces, including expansive Tivoli Park. The curving Ljubljanica River, lined in outdoor cafes, divides the city's old town from its commercial hub.

Photos were taiken on Ljubljanica river (fishermans) and on bridge cross same river in old town area.
Thank you for noticing my photos
11-05-2018, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2017
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 314
Lovely pics. Being a big fan of Perpetuum Jazzile, they often post pics of Slovenia; lovely country and people

11-05-2018, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 33,056
Nice capture. I've never been anywhere a certain segment of the population has not been completely fixated on fishing. Where I live, the smokers for preserving fish run pretty much year round.
11-05-2018, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #6
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,890
QuoteOriginally posted by eva Quote
Ljubljana ,Slovenija ,Europe.Ljubljana is Slovenia's capital and largest city. It's known for its university population and green spaces, including expansive Tivoli Park. The curving Ljubljanica River, lined in outdoor cafes, divides the city's old town from its commercial hub.

Photos were taiken on Ljubljanica river (fishermans) and on bridge cross same river in old town area.
Thank you for noticing my photos
Forty-five years ago, I was sent to Ljubljana, Slovenia, Yugoslavia for two weeks by my college in order to assist with getting some computer software installed {funded by Ford Foundation}. I thought those scenes might have been there. Ljubljana is truly a lovely city, especially the river area. I guess the other highlight for me was taking an afternoon off so I could hike up to the castle.
11-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
eva
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eva's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 491
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
Lovely pics. Being a big fan of Perpetuum Jazzile, they often post pics of Slovenia; lovely country and people
Thx for coment.I'm glad that you know Slovenia and musical group Perpetum Jazzile.Inspired by Gene Puerling, The Singers Unlimited, and The Swingle Singers, the choir performs bossa nova, swing music, funk, gospel, and pop, using harmonies characteristic of close harmony music.Slovenes are ranked in the world's top by number of choirs and singers.

---------- Post added 11-05-18 at 01:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Forty-five years ago, I was sent to Ljubljana, Slovenia, Yugoslavia for two weeks by my college in order to assist with getting some computer software installed {funded by Ford Foundation}. I thought those scenes might have been there. Ljubljana is truly a lovely city, especially the river area. I guess the other highlight for me was taking an afternoon off so I could hike up to the castle.

A mighty medieval fortress, a symbol of the Slovenian capital Ljubljana is an interesting tourist point, the idyllic grounds for long strolls just a glance away from the lively city centre. The Ljubljana castle offers many cultural, historic and entertaining events throughout the year.


---------- Post added 11-05-18 at 01:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Nice capture. I've never been anywhere a certain segment of the population has not been completely fixated on fishing. Where I live, the smokers for preserving fish run pretty much year round.
Ljubljana is one of the few European capitals offering good opportunities for fishing only a short way from the city centre, at the Ljubljanica Fishing Resort.The lower stretches of the Ljubljanica are well known not only for beautiful river banks and bridges, but also as home to large brown trout, grayling, huchen, and pike. Here you can also enjoy ground fishing for barbel and carp or natural bait fishing for chub, common nase, and Danube roach.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, castle, centre, city, ljubljana, ljubljanica, photo, pics, pm, post, singers, slovenia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People People come, and people go urssu Photo Critique 6 08-18-2013 02:33 PM
Photography's ability to offend & some people's carelessness MRRiley Photographic Industry and Professionals 23 11-26-2012 07:12 AM
People eat other people all the time Nesster General Talk 20 06-08-2012 01:40 AM
People are funny br.davidson Photographic Industry and Professionals 5 05-16-2012 04:54 PM
either work for rich people or we sell stuff to rich people Nesster General Talk 12 04-02-2011 11:18 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top