Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Queen Velcro
Lens: 8-element Takumar 50mm f/1.4 Camera: Pentax K-30 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: reh321, 11-06-2018, 02:17 PM

I've had this lens for a week now. I really wanted to try it out, but it is "dark and stormy" outside - good for novelists but not so good for me. Velcro, who has been senior cat in our family for fifteen years now, deigned to model for me. After one flash off the ceiling, she remembered that she was due {probably for another nap} elsewhere in the house.

Attached Images

Views: 930
11-06-2018, 07:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shot, great name.
11-07-2018, 04:55 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She's beautiful! And I think she was nice enough to give you this one pose.
11-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
Nice shot, great name.
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
She's beautiful! And I think she was nice enough to give you this one pose.
Thank you both for your comments.

We first met her when she was three weeks old. She hadn't learned to control her claws yet, so she would stick to one spot on the carpet, and her mother would have to yank her by the scruff of her neck to get her off that spot. Even today she occasionally gets her claws hooked in something and I have to help her while preserving her natural dignity. She has always has that look, what I call "cat in headlights" look, to her. This pose is how she normally rests, regardless of where she is.

11-08-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One beautiful feline. You have done a terrific job in taking good care of her. She looks very healthy and very alert. Thnx for posting.

TT
11-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Thank you both for your comments.

We first met her when she was three weeks old. She hadn't learned to control her claws yet, so she would stick to one spot on the carpet, and her mother would have to yank her by the scruff of her neck to get her off that spot. Even today she occasionally gets her claws hooked in something and I have to help her while preserving her natural dignity. She has always has that look, what I call "cat in headlights" look, to her. This pose is how she normally rests, regardless of where she is.
So that's why my granddaughter's cat did that. I wondered why when he clung to her. We named him Velcro too. Actually, we named him Velcro Cat. LOL
11-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
One beautiful feline. You have done a terrific job in taking good care of her. She looks very healthy and very alert. Thnx for posting.

TT
Thank you for your comment.

In 2006, when she was 3 years old, we had to live in a small apartment in a new town for a year; a year later we were able to move to a house. After we moved to the house, the vet commented how much better she looked than she had looked the previous year; after talking about it, we realized that Velcro had been as unhappy in the crowded apartment as we were - so mental health is as important for a feline as it is for people, as under normal circumstances she will largely take care of herself if she is able {and cares}.

11-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Velcro is a real beauty.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
so mental health is as important for a feline as it is for people, as under normal circumstances she will largely take care of herself if she is able {and cares}.
You are so right about this, and it applies to many animals. Many years ago we rented a very small house while we were having a new home built. We had two parrots, a Blue Front Amazon and a Cockatoo (we still have the Cockatoo), and they were miserable living in the rental for the year we were there. I think it was the tight confines with all of our furniture and boxes crammed into the house. Once we moved into the new house it was amazing to see how relieved and happy they were.
11-12-2018, 06:54 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Velcro is a real beauty.
Thank you for the compliment. I told Velcro, and she purred {I was petting her at the same time }

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
You are so right about this, and it applies to many animals. Many years ago we rented a very small house while we were having a new home built. We had two parrots, a Blue Front Amazon and a Cockatoo (we still have the Cockatoo), and they were miserable living in the rental for the year we were there. I think it was the tight confines with all of our furniture and boxes crammed into the house. Once we moved into the new house it was amazing to see how relieved and happy they were.
Yes, the mental health of our "pets" should matter. The other cat in our house right now is eight-year-old Leila, a totally black cat who adopted me at the shelter after Magic died.
Magic - PentaxForums.com

I sometimes say she is confused, she is "in puppy love with me" .... but she freaks out any time I walk towards the front door while holding her. My belief is that she became homeless because someone tossed her out the front door {even now, at her maturity of 8, she can act as though she is ADHD}.