Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
What a coincidence !
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA* 250-600mm f5.6 ED [IF] Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu ISO: 2500 Shutter Speed: 1/800s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Weevil, 11-13-2018, 11:35 AM

(x-posted in the 300mm thread)

OMG! I was a "victim" of a very strange coincidence on this "Remembrance Day 2018" in Canada ...
I had just liked a Facebook post by a friend of mine in one of my local Bird watcher group, where he detailed the way he did saw a Pine Grosbeak "lifer" 3 days earlier in our Haut-Richelieu, Quebec area.
And just one minute after I liked the FB post, my girlfriend observed some "weird birds" she never saw in the fruit tree in our backyard. So, you can imagine my shock when I realized that was three individuals of the Pine Grosbeak eating in the tree! They stayed long enough that I was able to get my photo gear setup and took a series of nice pics of them, also being a "lifer" for me.
And yes... I will remember that one!

Durbec des sapins / Pine Grosbeak [Pinicola enucleator]
Views: 703
11-13-2018, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats on both the lifer and great photo!

According to the finch forecast, it's supposed to be an irruption year for winter finches in Southern Ontario and adjacent areas, so hopefully more to come. We've had Pine Siskins & Evening Grosbeaks near me so far, hopefully they'll combine into a Pine Grosbeak or two
11-13-2018, 03:34 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A beautiful bird! Nice capture and a great story behind it.
11-13-2018, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great shot & story. Nice bird.

11-15-2018, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
Congrats on both the lifer and great photo!

According to the finch forecast, it's supposed to be an irruption year for winter finches in Southern Ontario and adjacent areas, so hopefully more to come. We've had Pine Siskins & Evening Grosbeaks near me so far, hopefully they'll combine into a Pine Grosbeak or two
Nice photo of this one in the middle of a meal.