Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
two pictures for a church program (wedding)
Posted By: devisor, 09-25-2008, 02:37 PM

for the front of the program.

and for the end of the program.

the couple loves it .. but maybe really unusual.
Views: 2,791
09-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

It appears that you have sharp in focus areas in the photos and exaggerated blurred / out of focus areas. If your intention was to bring the viewers direct attention to the in focus area, what is the significance of the bench in the first photo, and what is the significance of the door in the second. The approach is effective. I am just curious about your ideas with this particular shoot.
09-25-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
well..

first image:
While during a ceremony we sit a lot while the peach talks etc.. so that's why.. the window is got much more blue then the original, so think heaven. The bench is a place to relax and enjoy.

second image:
the door, shows the end for the ceremony simple.
09-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #4

I can see what you were thinking when you were shooting somewhat... but encourage you to push the thought process when shooting. I actually quite enjoy the bench photo, but ask yourself what the stark white, empty bench against a dreary out of focus backdrop says to the viewer, probably not what they would expect as an establishing photo for a wedding bulletin.

With the heavy emphasis on the door you leave questions, no one is coming or going, nothing is happening on the steps. As an ending photo you could have shot people leaving the church if it was your intention to show the end. This effect would look great cropped closer with the couple exiting the church through the family gathered on the steps.

09-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by devisor Quote

the couple loves it .. but maybe really unusual.
It's possible they love it now, but once the honeymoon period is over will it still make any sense to them, people aren't normal when they are planning anything as important as a wedding.
09-25-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well they had a strange wish.. something from the church, but not to God simbolyc. Well have a whole day to review other pictures.. thx for the feedback
09-25-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnsey Quote
I can see what you were thinking when you were shooting somewhat... but encourage you to push the thought process when shooting. I actually quite enjoy the bench photo, but ask yourself what the stark white, empty bench against a dreary out of focus backdrop says to the viewer, probably not what they would expect as an establishing photo for a wedding bulletin.

With the heavy emphasis on the door you leave questions, no one is coming or going, nothing is happening on the steps. As an ending photo you could have shot people leaving the church if it was your intention to show the end. This effect would look great cropped closer with the couple exiting the church through the family gathered on the steps.
uhm not possible, the wedding is tomorrow .. So had no people there, just a empty church. The picture is only ment to spice up the church program.

09-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I'm a big fan of the blurriness in the photos (I've seen some of your other work and really liked it). I think for the purpose of these photos though the straight up shots would be a better suit.

Alternatively...
The first shot in b/w with window still with some blue in it might work.
The second in b/w with some colour still on the door.

Just a thought...

c[_]