Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Two photos for C&C
Posted By: Tuner571, 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Went out with a friend yesterday and decided to try my new filter kit I bought. On the island shot I was using a 3 stop density filter and it gave the trees an orange color that I was not expecting. Anyway, on the tree shot I decided to take out the SMC A 70-210mm since its been awhile since I last used it. Any feedback will be appreciated since I didn't get many good shots.

Views: 2,980
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #2

[QUOTE=Tuner571;352452]Went out with a friend yesterday and decided to try my new filter kit I bought. On the island shot I was using a 3 stop density filter and it gave the trees an orange color that I was not expecting. Anyway, on the tree shot I decided to take out the SMC A 70-210mm since its been awhile since I last used it. Any feedback will be appreciated since I didn't get many good shots.

I think the ND filter gives the picture a subdued, nostalgic feeling. I like it. I find the dead trees in the foreground a bit distracting from the beauty of the forest though.
09-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback man, I will definitely try a different location next time and see what I can do. Its just been in the past few weeks I haven't been able to shoot any photos that really appeal to me and its starting to get annoying.

Hope to hear some more feedback,
Cory
09-25-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
Damn Brit

I actually think the dead stuff would look good if there was anyway you could get further back and above it. It would become a foreground that a) wouldn't spoil the view and b) would be a standout crop in it's own right.