Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Hocking Hills State Park
Photo Location: Logan, Ohio 
Posted By: Geodude, 11-18-2018, 06:59 AM

During the last week of September, returning from a round-trip drive to Boston, we stopped here for a half-day hike through this hemlock forested park located south of Logan, Ohio. It was like entering a primeval landscape. I wish I had carried my tripod because it was very shaded along the stream in this gorge. There was a profundity of waterfalls from the rains a few days earlier.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 265
11-18-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
Resident Bagpiper
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks like a nice walk, thanks for sharing
11-19-2018, 10:45 AM   #3
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote
During the last week of September, returning from a round-trip drive to Boston, we stopped here for a half-day hike through this hemlock forested park located south of Logan, Ohio. It was like entering a primeval landscape. I wish I had carried my tripod because it was very shaded along the stream in this gorge. There was a profundity of waterfalls from the rains a few days earlier.
I have been in that area before - you did a good job of capturing its essence.
11-19-2018, 07:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I have been in that area before - you did a good job of capturing its essence.
Once in a while a ray of filtered light would appear, and I'd try to take advantage of the opportunity...

11-19-2018, 09:55 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Gorgeous shots. We used to live in NE Ohio and I believe visited this park, and spent a night or two in Chillicothe. I sure do miss Ohio, such a pretty state! Too bad most just think of its industry. Nice memories, thanks!
11-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
Gorgeous shots. We used to live in NE Ohio and I believe visited this park, and spent a night or two in Chillicothe. I sure do miss Ohio, such a pretty state! Too bad most just think of its industry. Nice memories, thanks!
Thanks for your comments, and sorry for a delayed response. I've been all Thanksgiving week on a photo quest in Moab, UT, and just returned a few days ago. I really enjoy viewing your submittals, and it appears you get around to quite a few areas of the country... Something I enjoy doing, myself!
11-30-2018, 01:29 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Geodude Quote
Thanks for your comments, and sorry for a delayed response. I've been all Thanksgiving week on a photo quest in Moab, UT, and just returned a few days ago. I really enjoy viewing your submittals, and it appears you get around to quite a few areas of the country... Something I enjoy doing, myself!
Thanks a lot Geodude, much appreciated! I do try and get around