Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Sketch repost
Posted By: newmikey, 11-26-2018, 03:47 AM

I posted the original image a few weeks ago but I wanted to share a version with a bit of a sketched look to see what you think of it. My wife hates it with a vengeance so don't hold back!

Views: 734
11-26-2018, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I am going to have to go back and find your original posting of this because I really like the composition. Like your wife, even though the software can do this, I am not a big fan. I would rather use the photo and give a try to actually sketch it.
11-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I am going to have to go back and find your original posting of this because I really like the composition. Like your wife, even though the software can do this, I am not a big fan. I would rather use the photo and give a try to actually sketch it.
Thanks for looking and commenting!

Wife:1 - Mike:0
11-26-2018, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
one of the interesting things you can see here, is an issue of post processing. i notice the same thing in Corel PSP, using their equivalent function under art media effects, for colored pencil. you can see in your photo lateral chromatic aberrations. look in the upper right you can see green shading to the right and violet shading to the left, and in the left side of the image you see the opposite.

it is clear that no artist would sketch this type of artifact, because they would not see it with their eyes.

the effects are interesting, and can perhaps be fun, but i am not sure in all cases they would yield the same perspective, etc as a sketch

11-26-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think it's fun!