Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dreams come true
Posted By: codiac2600, 09-26-2008, 11:26 AM

I've been absent for much too long, but for good reasons.

Last month I teamed up with two photographer who had the same dream as I do... what dream is that? To have our own studio and start making photography an even bigger part of our lives.

I've been teaching photography for the last few months and have stayed away from shooting so I can work on finding a location to call home. After months of searching we came across the most amazing place with 1500 square feet of space and 15 foot ceilings! The keys were handed to us last Friday and we began painting and renovation to make the place into the biggest and best studio in the area.

Collecting all the pieces of puzzle we finally have a studio that no one in the area can even come close too, with over 12 lights ranging from 300 watt to 1000 watt, power packs, 8 foot soft boxes to 4 foot octoboxes, a slew of hand painted muslins and over a dozen 12 foot seamless rolls... oh and an alien bee ring light and like a million other modifiers plus a dozen Pocket Wizards to fire the things in unison!

Now what can one do with all this light and room... here are the first samples from the very first shoot out of the studio using all sorts of lighting setups and even reflectors. All shot with the K20D and 16-50 f2.8 tethered right into me new 15.4 Macbook Pro using Lightroom 2 to edit all the raw files shot and all images run through PS3 for final effects.

I'd like to thank everyone here who has watched me grow from the eager photographer to who I am now and it wouldn't be possible without all the encouragement of the people here and you all should be proud. Thanks for being the best photo community a guy could ask for and don't be mad if it takes me longer to keep you all up to date on things.

ENJOY!! C&C is always welcome as well.

Views: 4,287
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations! I love watching people's dreams come true. Judging by what you've posted, it definitely looks as if you've got a bright future ahead of you.

Heather
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Chris.. First congrat's on your new Studio... By the looks of the first pictures, you made the right move.. These pictures are awesome,, Love the B&W.. and the first one is outstanding... Its great seeing our poor Pentax putting out shots like this! Good luck on your new studio and keep thise pictures coming. JIMBO
09-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrats man!!

Once again you inspire newcomers to follow their dreams, showing us how you followed your dreams!

Congrats again and thanks for the help and the inspiration!

BB

09-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Chris, thank you so much for bringing this to us. I am so delighted for you! It truly is great to see others chasing their dreams, particularly when they do it with a Pentax.

These pictures are great!
09-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great. Wonderful. Congratulations!

I'm rather taken by the first image. Lots of cranium accessories (hat tip to Mitch Hedberg) which contrast nicely with the nude.
09-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Congrats on the new digs!

The last shot is just stunning to me. #5 looks like a magazine cover (don't ask me what magazine.....Vampire Times maybe).

Goog looking model that you couldn't use for every shoot, but she I can see that she would work for certain genres.

Of course, the best shot is your first one.....the one with your company name on the door (for obvious reasons).

Good luck with the new place...

09-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All right Chris!
You've put your heart and soul into your work, and it's paying off.
Well done.
And the shoot's cool also. Love #1,3,4,5 - lights, emotion, and charisma. You can do no wrong, man.
09-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #9

wow stunning portraits and hope you the very best with your new studio; with all the time and energy invested along with your undenying talents I forsee a very successful career ahead of you.
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulation Chris and the best of luck, not that you need it your images are as always, superb.

Take care,
09-26-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Wow, Chris. This is what you have been up to.

Congradulation on your own studio and you bring out the sassy bits out of her!
09-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Chris, best wishes and I am glad you finally got the studio situation setup!

Unfortunately I'll be traveling to the Pacific Northwest in October, so I am not sure if a trip up in your neck of the woods will be realized in the near future. I'm considering a few options for the future, and we'll see where it goes!

#1, #2, and #5 are my favs....

Cheers,
Marc
09-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Congratulations Chris - not many of us follow our dreams. I have enjoyed most of your phots (some not so much but that is so subjective) , but they have all been professional quality from the dragonfly on the flower to the girls in the bathtub and everything inbetween.

Here's to having to turn down more work than you take
09-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Long may it live and prosper

Congratulation

cheers
09-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #15
Damn Brit

Good for you Chris, go break a lens..................
(as in with actors - "break a leg")
Live long and prosper my friend.
You got your business name at the top.
Great model and shoot BTW. Your area seems to be a hotbed for girls with that 'look'.