Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Parkersburg-Vienna, West Virginia
Lens: DA* 70-200 SDM Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Vienna W.V., U.S.A. ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F2.4 
Posted By: dlh, 12-06-2018, 06:51 AM

jus' passin' through.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 261
12-07-2018, 08:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like it. I can feel the rumble!
5 Days Ago   #3
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
jus' passin' through.
It looks like something is on the tracks at the far left of the image?!
5 Days Ago   #4
dlh
F.O.G. (fat old geezer)
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It does look like that, doesn't it? That was some kind of switch or sensor thing kind of attached to the tracks but not in the path of the train. I'll have to look at the other pics I took that day and see if I can figure it out better. What I really like about this picture is the angle and distance from which thepicture was taken relative to the train - emphasizes the bulk, mass, and power of that locomotive, I think.

4 Days Ago   #5
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
It does look like that, doesn't it? That was some kind of switch or sensor thing kind of attached to the tracks but not in the path of the train. I'll have to look at the other pics I took that day and see if I can figure it out better. What I really like about this picture is the angle and distance from which thepicture was taken relative to the train - emphasizes the bulk, mass, and power of that locomotive, I think.
Yes, this angle emphasizes what you want to emphasize; unfortunately it also gives more weight to track-level artifacts. I'm guessing that a photo taken from a higher elevation would resolve the issue of what this thing is.