Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Treasures from King Tut's Tomb
Camera: K10D Photo Location: Los Angeles 
Posted By: Not a Number, 4 Days Ago

Through Jan 6, 2019 at the California Science Center in Los Angeles - from there to a 10 city tour in Europe. Catch it while you can. This supposedly is the last tour of artifacts from the tomb after which they will be permanently on exhibit in the new (yet to open) museum in Cairo.

Shot with my K10D which doesn't have the greatest low light perfmance (max ISO of 1600) and slow kit lens. Your best camera/lens is the one with you. Some shots may be blurry from camera shake.

Views: 200
4 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Some very nice pictures. I marvel at items from the ancient world. The workmanship is evident and it does make me marvel at the abilities and artistic flair of ancient man. Stunningly beautiful artifacts.
2 Days Ago   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm surprised at the lack of symmetry and attention to detail in the jewelry design. Not exactly what I would consider "pharaoh-worthy."
2 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I don't think there exists items from other burials to compare these with. All the other known tombs were robbed millennia before Tut's tomb was excavated. Intact as it was it had been broken into but the thieves were discovered before they could do much damage or steal much.

Additionally Tutankhamen was not one of the major kings to begin with.

There is also every indication that the burial was a rush job. The tomb wasn't even the one that should have been used, being much smaller than it should have been.

I think the artisans and craftsmen did a splendid job considering the time crunch with hand powered tools using only stone, wood, bronze - possibly iron. A dagger found in Tut's tomb was made from meteoric iron.