Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Kayla's Horse
Lens: DA*50-135 f/2.8 SDM Camera: KP Photo Location: Searsmont, Maine ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: SSGGeezer, 12-10-2018, 08:38 PM

Driving around in the cold looking for interesting shots when I saw this horse out nibbling grass that was poking through the ice. Took some shots and her owner pulled up across the road as I was going back to the car, (it was really quite chilly!) She asked if I wanted to take pictures of anything else so I asked "like what?" She had no answers but I said I would print and drop off any good shots of her horse later. So I went to the drugstore and printed a few SOOC images and dropped them off on the way home. I must have been feeling the holiday spirit, so I figure I will edit them properly and print again and see what they look like.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 730
12-10-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I like the second photo of the horse. I think it is because the horse is looking directly at you, the photographer. Sort of connecting with you. I think. Also seems like a good opportunity...as the owner has asked you if you want to take other pictures. I would think the horse lives in a barn or a stable and I bet there would be some potentially good photographs of horse harnesses, stable equipment, etc...
12-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I like the second photo of the horse. I think it is because the horse is looking directly at you, the photographer. Sort of connecting with you. I think. Also seems like a good opportunity...as the owner has asked you if you want to take other pictures. I would think the horse lives in a barn or a stable and I bet there would be some potentially good photographs of horse harnesses, stable equipment, etc...
I figure if I print the bottom one and another I did not reduce in resolution to post and give it to her that may be an in for other things and people to shoot.
Since they saw me pull in with the pictures, and she came out saying, "you didn't!" And then gave me a hug when I gave the pictures to her, I figure she would let me wander around taking pictures.
12-11-2018, 11:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My cousin has several horses, and she would *LOVE* a shot like your second one, so I can understand the owner’s reaction! Truly a great capture...

12-11-2018, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I figure if I print the bottom one and another I did not reduce in resolution to post and give it to her that may be an in for other things and people to shoot.
Since they saw me pull in with the pictures, and she came out saying, "you didn't!" And then gave me a hug when I gave the pictures to her, I figure she would let me wander around taking pictures.
Sounds like she very much appreciated the photos you gave her. I think it's always a good thing to do, to do as you did. If you get the chance to take additional photos, hope you post them.
« Old houses | Leaves »