Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Half Scale Replica of Byodo-in Temple
Lens: Pentax DA 16-85 Camera: K-3 II Photo Location: Oahu ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: ToddK, 12-31-2018, 12:20 PM

This is a shot taken a million times I am sure, but I really like the architecture and setting of it. For those who don't know, this is a half scale replica of the original temple that is located near Kyoto. This was built in the late 1960's and sits at the rear of a large cemetery. A word of caution...if you go inside be prepared for the hard sell to buy a spot in the columbarium which takes up the rear of the building. My wife and I must look like good candidates

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 870
12-31-2018, 11:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is a shot taken a million times I am sure, but I really like the architecture and setting of it. For those who don't know, this is a half scale replica of the original temple that is located near Kyoto. This was built in the late 1960's and sits at the rear of a large cemetery. A word of caution...if you go inside be prepared for the hard sell to buy a spot in the columbarium which takes up the rear of the building. My wife and I must look like good candidates
Well, regardless of what is inside, the builders of this temple replica chose a lovely site for it, and you captured the scene well.