Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Oatman, Arizona on the old Route 66
Camera: K3II Photo Location: Arizona 
Posted By: sealonsf, 12-31-2018, 03:37 PM

Took a brief stopover in Oatman, Arizona on a recent road trip - it's on the old Route 66. Donkeys roam the streets. They might look cute but they hate dogs so you have to be very careful around them if dogs are about. The town was also used as a backdrop for one of my favorite movies growing up, "How the West Was Won". Hope you enjoy this little peak into the Old West.

9. Nearby

11. Couple shots of food from nearby town. :-)

Views: 854
12-31-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Oh my...is the last image 'fried okra' ?? A favorite for those of us in the south....
12-31-2018, 10:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The donkeys are semi-tame and will bump into you to get the "donkey food" you can buy for them. Watch out for donkeys in the middle of the road for a few miles out of town - they wander all over.
01-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
Took a brief stopover in Oatman, Arizona on a recent road trip - it's on the old Route 66. Donkeys roam the streets. They might look cute but they hate dogs so you have to be very careful around them if dogs are about. The town was also used as a backdrop for one of my favorite movies growing up, "How the West Was Won". Hope you enjoy this little peak into the Old West.
Oh yes, an interesting collection of views of this town.

01-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by forensicscientist Quote
Oh my...is the last image 'fried okra' ?? A favorite for those of us in the south....
Yes it is! - a special treat for someone like me who grew up in Texas and now lives in San Francisco. :-) Thanks for commenting!