Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Happy New Year - sorry, this is a Nikon image :(
Lens: 70-200 something or other Camera: Nikon D5 Photo Location: Hull Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Peter Nutkins, 01-07-2019, 12:02 PM

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

This image is taken on a Nikon - please forgive me

The location was a very small apartment in Hull between a TV and a low sloping ceiling. I was in another room, shooting through the doorway as the room was not big enough to do anything else. I was squashed up against a large cabinet of Japanese collectable figures that kept falling on me (I did knock a few off )

Hope you are all well

Peter

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Views: 1,124
01-07-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A really wonderful portrait. I find it disturbing that members feel it is necessary to apologize for using non-Pentax gear when it is clearly stated in the rules that all brands are welcome here.

Again, nice work and thanks so much for sharing.

TT
01-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
Pentaxian

All is forgiven. Great photo.
01-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Nutkins Quote

The location was a very small apartment in Hull between a TV and a low sloping ceiling. I was in another room, shooting through the doorway as the room was not big enough to do anything else. I was squashed up against a large cabinet of Japanese collectable figures that kept falling on me (I did knock a few off )

Hope you are all well

Peter
So you took a 'professional' shot under those conditions? Nobody could find a more hospitable location?

01-09-2019, 06:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I agree. Wonderful shot.
How powerful was the fan to blow the hair like that. Taking into consideration her eyes look wide open.
01-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great job! Sounds like you had a fun time getting the shot.
01-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Peter, how you doing my good man, good to hear from you again and to you and yours... "lang may yer lum reek".

01-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
A really wonderful portrait. I find it disturbing that members feel it is necessary to apologize for using non-Pentax gear when it is clearly stated in the rules that all brands are welcome here.

Again, nice work and thanks so much for sharing.

TT
Apologies Tony - was trying to be humorous... I must try harder

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2019 at 12:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
All is forgiven. Great photo.
Thanks

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2019 at 12:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So you took a 'professional' shot under those conditions? Nobody could find a more hospitable location?
Hi - that is the point...I go to people's houses so that they do not have to go to a studio

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2019 at 01:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Peter, how you doing my good man, good to hear from you again and to you and yours... "lang may yer lum reek".
Hi KD - I am fine thanks. - I hope you are keeping well - I miss the chatter on Pentax F - Nikon is just a bit boring really Still, I aim to visit a bit more often this year

May the best ye hae ivver seen be the warst ye'll ivver see.
May the moose ne'er lea' yer girnal wi a tear-drap in its ee.
May ye aye keep hail an hertie till ye'r auld eneuch tae dee.
May ye aye juist be sae happie as A wuss ye aye tae be.

Peter

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2019 at 01:03 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Culture Quote
I agree. Wonderful shot.
How powerful was the fan to blow the hair like that. Taking into consideration her eyes look wide open.
Hi, I got the boyfriend to crouch down and blow the hair about...it was a stand fan on the highest setting but aimed directly at her hair, not her face (it has quite a narrow funnel of air). This was probably the most difficult bit and involved swiping from side to side to get the effect. There are lots of takes with only one side (or none) blown up. The trick is to take the fan off the stand and hand aim/swipe - much more effective

---------- Post added 10th Jan 2019 at 01:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Riggomatic Quote
Great job! Sounds like you had a fun time getting the shot.
It was quite good fun (except for those Japanese figures - not sure how much they are worth but they loved them)...
12-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hope you are all well

Peter
Well, a Nikon is OK, nice catch in the eyes.
01-10-2020, 02:20 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Hope you are all well

Peter
Very nice shot!