Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Feistein Lighthouse
Camera: K20 Photo Location: Klepp Municipality, Rogaland, Norway 
Posted By: Rense, 01-18-2019, 08:50 AM


Feistein Lighthouse
by Rense Haveman, on Flickr


Wikipedia was my source for the facts:
Feistein Lighthouse (Norwegian: Feistein fyr) is a coastal lighthouse in Rogaland county, Norway. The lighthouse is located on a small island in Klepp municipality, off the coast of Jśren. It was established in 1859, and automated in 1990.

The 26-metre (85 ft) tall cast iron tower sits atop a concrete base. The tower is painted red with two white stripes towards the top. The main light at the top sits at an elevation of 37 metres (121 ft) above sea level which emits two white flashes every 20 seconds. There is also a secondary light located 20.8 metres (68 ft) above sea level that emits a red or green isophase light (depending on direction) that is on for six seconds and then off for six seconds. The main light has an intensity of 2,430,000 candelas and it can be seen for up to 11.9 nautical miles (22.0 km; 13.7 mi). The secondary lights can be seen for slightly less distance. The lighthouse also emits a morse code "T" racon signal.
Views: 322
01-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Prince George, BC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,742
Excellent use of Rule of Thirds, Rense. Nice turbulent sea.
01-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,084
I like this shot as well as the information you provided! Thanks for sharing.
01-18-2019, 02:07 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
GeoJerry's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,086
I like this seascape! Very simple but effective, nice color too.

01-19-2019, 05:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,907
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Excellent use of Rule of Thirds, Rense. Nice turbulent sea.
thank you! Although I generally tend to avoid the rule of thirds...

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I like this shot as well as the information you provided! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Todd!

QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
I like this seascape! Very simple but effective, nice color too.
The colours are what I think make this photo. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Jerry.
01-19-2019, 03:55 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,215
Rense, that's just a wonderful image, thanks for posting it and thanks for the write up.
01-20-2019, 07:08 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,219
What a marvelous photo, Rense. The lighthouse on the distant horizon - surround by chaos and turbulence - really defines the feeling of isolation.

Jer
01-20-2019, 02:33 PM   #8
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,485
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote

Feistein Lighthouse
by Rense Haveman, on Flickr

Wikipedia was my source for the facts:
Feistein Lighthouse (Norwegian: Feistein fyr) is a coastal lighthouse in Rogaland county, Norway. The lighthouse is located on a small island in Klepp municipality, off the coast of Jśren. It was established in 1859, and automated in 1990.

The 26-metre (85 ft) tall cast iron tower sits atop a concrete base. The tower is painted red with two white stripes towards the top. The main light at the top sits at an elevation of 37 metres (121 ft) above sea level which emits two white flashes every 20 seconds. There is also a secondary light located 20.8 metres (68 ft) above sea level that emits a red or green isophase light (depending on direction) that is on for six seconds and then off for six seconds. The main light has an intensity of 2,430,000 candelas and it can be seen for up to 11.9 nautical miles (22.0 km; 13.7 mi). The secondary lights can be seen for slightly less distance. The lighthouse also emits a morse code "T" racon signal.
The breaking waves dramatize need for the lighthouse.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, ft, level, light, lighthouse, metres, photo, sea, six, tower
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lighthouse wpt Monthly Photo Contests 11 01-14-2019 03:56 AM
Landscape Point Arena Lighthouse ToddK Post Your Photos! 12 11-07-2018 07:40 PM
Landscape Lighthouse Outlander Post Your Photos! 22 08-10-2018 10:09 PM
Landscape The Break Wall @ Nobbys Lighthouse gmans Post Your Photos! 4 07-25-2018 02:08 PM
Travel Center point lighthouse Dr Goodglass Post Your Photos! 2 07-12-2018 04:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top