Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Orchids
Lens: Tamron 24-75mm f2.8 Camera: Pentax K-1 Mark ii Photo Location: Home Setting ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: Merv-O, 01-22-2019, 08:18 AM

Wanted to see how my new Tamron 24-75mm looked at full focal length by a doing a portrait still of a friend's Orchid....I like the Bokeh and the general look, but there is a bit of softness, nothing I can't live with but wanted to put this out there for comment....

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 211
01-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
MSL
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think you mean the Tamron 28-75. Not a big error, especially as you have the EXIF data attached. I find this lens very soft at 2.8 and try to use a slightly smaller aperture, light permitting. The main challenge is that you are at ISO 6400. But even so, this is still a lovely shot.
01-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is a nice photo, but I think you may have missed the focus point by just a little bit. It appears to be in focus behind the flower on the stems and the back edge of the upper left petal. I find that with close-up flowers like this, I take multiple shots with minor focusing adjustments to make sure that I catch it.
01-24-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
It is a nice photo, but I think you may have missed the focus point by just a little bit. It appears to be in focus behind the flower on the stems and the back edge of the upper left petal. I find that with close-up flowers like this, I take multiple shots with minor focusing adjustments to make sure that I catch it.
I thank you both for the thoughtful comments. I will in the future make micro-adjustments....I also think that I am one of the unlucky K-1ii owners who have a fine focusing adjustment issue which can cause some distortion....I used a Lens calc but it may need more adjustment than what I can do in camera....I'm going to send it back to Pentax under warranty and have them recalibrate. I'll keep posting with my other cameras in the meantime...