Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
all star : Nestar 400
Posted By: fuzzyphoton, 01-31-2019, 12:50 AM

hi .. new here ... been playing with my pirate's Nestar 400 ... thought it a joke but hey this thing might be ok. will try to attach a pic. had to use a 1 inch extension tube to get this purple finch at 20 feet . i gotta get this out more.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-410  Photo 

Views: 654
01-31-2019, 11:54 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice capture. Very sharp and detailed.
02-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fuzzyphoton Quote
pirate's
Wait, what?
10-29-2019, 05:54 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

hi .. new here ... been playing with my pirate's Nestar 400 ... thought it a joke but hey this thing might be ok. will try to attach a pic. had to use a 1 inch extension tube to get this purple finch at 20 feet . i gotta get this out more.
Great detail of this little fella with the gear you used. Well done.

10-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I've looked at this photo a couple times, but I remain confused - is he inside a cage or just visiting a series of metal bars that could have been a cage if they were differently arranged?

It is a good photo regardless of where he is.
10-30-2019, 12:24 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
...hi ... thanks ...

heh, we put our bird feeder in the middle of about 5 tomato wire cones ... gives the birds a nice place to perch, and also makes a maze to deter squirrels ... most of the time; they never give up.

i call the Nestar 400 a " pirate " lens because it folds up like those pirate telescopes in the movies, it is a fun lens. although quite long when extended and near focus is about 50 feet. i added the f 2x plus a set of extension rings once .. really really long ...

i don't see many of these for sale, mine was mis-described, and i got it for $18 with the case. it takes a t2 adapter by the way.

ken
10-31-2019, 05:28 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice capture.