Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Learning how to cross country ski
Lens: AF Tamron 70-300mm tele-macro Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Black Moshannon Lake 
Posted By: joelbolden, 02-06-2019, 06:32 PM

We went from below zero(F) to 50 degrees within a few days here. I drove up to Black Moshannon Lake to see what was going on, and it was packed with ice fishermen and folks on cross country skis taking advantage of the smooth surface to get in some easy practice. This young lady appeared to be really enjoying it.

Attached Images

Views: 338
02-08-2019, 06:37 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
The light you've captured on the young lady's face is lovely. It looks like your focus was a little beyond her. Was that intentional? We've had crazy weather here in Vermont too. I always struggle to get the colors right with a snowy backdrop. It looks like it was a beautiful day to get out with your camera!
Best,
JLC
02-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Lovely light as said above.
It's great to see people learning to ski, Nordic skiing is an awesome sport to learn young and continue into your eighties.
02-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JLC VT Quote
The light you've captured on the young lady's face is lovely. It looks like your focus was a little beyond her. Was that intentional? We've had crazy weather here in Vermont too. I always struggle to get the colors right with a snowy backdrop. It looks like it was a beautiful day to get out with your camera!
Best,
JLC
They were quick shots, since I like to catch people unawares. I was having problems with the lens all day in that environment in AF....Tamron 70-300mm tele/macro.

02-08-2019, 01:34 PM   #5
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
We went from below zero(F) to 50 degrees within a few days here. I drove up to Black Moshannon Lake to see what was going on, and it was packed with ice fishermen and folks on cross country skis taking advantage of the smooth surface to get in some easy practice. This young lady appeared to be really enjoying it.
Yes, she is enjoying it, and I like the way she is shown isolated, with no one else around her.
« Hell | Pink Rose »