Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Mick Box of the band Uriah Heep
Lens: smc PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED Camera: Pentax K5 Photo Location: The Union Hall nightclub ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: Grey Man, 03-15-2019, 11:52 AM

I'm getting around to catching up on some editing. This is one of my first adventures with a live music scenario from April 2018. I brought the highlights down and added a touch of clarity. This caused the guitar and his forearm to lose the glare and stand out. I love the colour in the background as well.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 271
03-16-2019, 02:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice detail considering the available light .
03-16-2019, 07:45 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
Very nice detail considering the available light .
Thanks! That's the issue with night club lighting, lights everywhere but nothing actually focused. There is a stage which does have some lighting, some LED lighting and a few spots as I recall, but used mostly for a DJ- someone not moving around too much on stage. It sure was fun shooting this.

And for the record, essential camera gear MUST include ear plugs.
03-16-2019, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Grey Man Quote
essential camera gear MUST include ear plugs
Very much so, if your to become a regular at doing this type of thing, I recommend getting the ones that are actually moulded to fit your ears, these are the type I use, expensive yes, but what price do you put on your hearing?

03-16-2019, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Very much so, if your to become a regular at doing this type of thing, I recommend getting the ones that are actually moulded to fit your ears, these are the type I use, expensive yes, but what price do you put on your hearing?

I completely agree! I'm 51 and pleased to report that my hearing is still really good! I use those ear plugs but they are dense and rated to 33dB down across the spectrum. The molded ones are a great idea, one I've considered from time to time.
03-18-2019, 01:14 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great photo of a great axe and axeman! I loved Uriah Heep when I was a teenager. I wish I had worn earplugs at the only Johnny Winter concert I went to. Couldn't hear much for days after that.
5 Days Ago   #7
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Grey Man Quote
I'm getting around to catching up on some editing. This is one of my first adventures with a live music scenario from April 2018. I brought the highlights down and added a touch of clarity. This caused the guitar and his forearm to lose the glare and stand out. I love the colour in the background as well.
Nice view of guitar and the hand strumming it.