Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Naptime
Lens: Pentax-FA 28-105mm Camera: K-30 ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/10s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: reh321, 03-22-2019, 03:48 PM

Senior cat Velcro must have felt really secure as she turned her back to the world during her afternoon nap.

Attached Images

Views: 565
03-22-2019, 06:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

HER NAME'S VELCRO? OMG! <3

03-23-2019, 03:35 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They certainly know how to sleep
03-23-2019, 04:03 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She looks at peace.

How old is Velcro? Maybe she thinks she's earned that right to turn her back to sleep?

03-24-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
HER NAME'S VELCRO? OMG! <3
Oh yes.
We first met her when she was three weeks old - we were helping the household she was born into move.
She couldn't control her claws, so she stuck to the carpet, and her mother had to yank her by the scruff of the neck to get her moving.
We were also moving - in our case six weeks later - so our daughters added her to our household as 'reparation' for moving them.

The photo below shows what she looked like when she joined us at age 8 weeks.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
  Photo 
03-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
They certainly know how to sleep
Yes, she is expert at that.
Thank you for your comment.
03-24-2019, 08:31 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
She looks at peace.

How old is Velcro? Maybe she thinks she's earned that right to turn her back to sleep?
She turns 16 in May.

Recently, she was losing weight, so I took her to the vet.
Turns out that she is seriously hyper-thyroid, so I have a topical medicine I have to rub into her ears twice a day.
She doesn't like it, but she would like the alternatives - my forcing a pill or liquid medicine down her throat - even less, but I'm a tad surprised she takes her nap where I can find her.

03-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I'm a sucker for kittens! At 16, yes, I'd say she's earned her right to turn her back when she sleeps.
03-25-2019, 07:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Lovely and absolutely cute story. I hope she gets better and that it's not a lifelong treatment. My mom's hipothyroidism has forced her to take meds for it for over 20 years now.

03-26-2019, 06:34 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
Lovely and absolutely cute story. I hope she gets better and that it's not a lifelong treatment. My mom's hipothyroidism has forced her to take meds for it for over 20 years now.
I'm afraid it probably is. Fortunately its not as traumatic for her as oral medicine is. Often we both get exercise as I gather her up for her ear dosing, but its not as bad as when I was giving her an oral narcotic because she had a severe rump infection and I stopped doing it because I didn't think it was worth giving one of us a heart attack over it.
03-26-2019, 06:40 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm a sucker for kittens! At 16, yes, I'd say she's earned her right to turn her back when she sleeps.
Yes, the large ears of a kitten make them adorable in our eyes - hopefully in the eyes of their mothers also. The photos below are of my buddy Leila, a few days after she adopted me at the shelter in December 2011; the vet guessed her age at 11 months, so she must have been born around Halloween. The first photo shows her under our daugher's bed, trying to avoid Velcro, who wasn't hospitable at all, and Leila was still healing from "being fixed" so she wasn't interested in fighting. The second photo was taken a few days later. Unfortunately for her, large pointy ears just add to her evil look, but when I'm watching TV, she'll climb into my lab, then roll over for me to pet her tummy.
Attached Images