Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Picture Speaks A........
Lens: Takumar F 70~200mm 1:4~5.6 Lens Camera: Pentax k-50 Photo Location: Outside of Paris ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Tonytee, 03-25-2019, 05:41 PM

Focal Length 200mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No Flash and used CWA Metering.

I should have gone with an aperture setting of 5.3/5.6. I would gotten more exposure and better Bokeh.

Thanks so much for viewing.

TT
Views: 514
03-25-2019, 11:43 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, you should have gone with f8 or better and wouldn't have blown out the reds.
03-26-2019, 04:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
No, you should have gone with f8 or better and wouldn't have blown out the reds.

Interesting that you should mention that. It didn't seem that way through the viewfinder. They still do not seem that way to me. Oh well.

Thnx,

TT
03-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Interesting that you should mention that. It didn't seem that way through the viewfinder. They still do not seem that way to me. Oh well.

Thnx,

TT
Youi'll just have to take my word for it if you can't see it in the viewfinder, Tony, I'm speaking from experience. Ask eaglem, he does the same for his red/pink or yellow flowers, he stops down using f8 or more to keep from blowing out the colors.

03-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Youi'll just have to take my word for it if you can't see it in the viewfinder, Tony, I'm speaking from experience. Ask eaglem, he does the same for his red/pink or yellow flowers, he stops down using f8 or more to keep from blowing out the colors.

It is not that I doubt your word or your skill set. However, if it doesn't appear to be a problem for me, it doesn't exist. I did not use a flash, just natural light. The settings are correct. In some flowers such as this one, where petals are tightly grouped, it may cause an appearance of being blown out. Again, it did not appear to be that way when setting up the shot. If it did, I certainly would not have posted it. If the colors are in fact blown out and I am not seeing it, then perhaps I need a new monitor.

Many thanks for your assistance.

TT