Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
The Superbloom!
Photo Location: Lake Elsinore, CA 
Posted By: GeoJerry, 03-31-2019, 07:50 PM

A merged panorama of two pictures, taken by my son from the car as we drove past at about 30 mph. Too much traffic and too many people to even think about stopping! Check out the crowds in the second picture. Not doing that. Fortunately, we did get to stop and avoid the crowds further south at Anza-Borrego. This was on the way home.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 847
03-31-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Walker Canyon Road, just North of Lake Elsinore. Parking is forbidden these days. They charge people 10$ to take a shuttle bus to get to this path ... Crazy !
03-31-2019, 08:51 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great panorama on that first shot! Amazing amount of people in the second. The good thing is that it gets people out to appreciate nature at its finest.
03-31-2019, 09:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeoJerry Quote
A merged panorama of two pictures, taken by my son from the car as we drove past at about 30 mph. Too much traffic and too many people to even think about stopping! Check out the crowds in the second picture. Not doing that. Fortunately, we did get to stop and avoid the crowds further south at Anza-Borrego. This was on the way home.
West Coast and East Coast of the US have the same problem - too many people, so anything worth seeing becomes a crowd-control exercise. We lived in Western Massachusetts, Berkshires foothills, for seven years; during "Fall Colors" season, people would just park on the shoulder of a mountain road - leaving the road barely passable - and then walk a mile or two to where they want to be .... and in that area, that behavior is usually tolerated by the authorities.

04-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Walker Canyon Road, just North of Lake Elsinore. Parking is forbidden these days. They charge people 10$ to take a shuttle bus to get to this path ... Crazy !
Thanks for the visit, Richard

---------- Post added 04-01-19 at 07:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great panorama on that first shot! Amazing amount of people in the second. The good thing is that it gets people out to appreciate nature at its finest.
Thanks Todd, it does do that! But not many it seems venture too far from the freeway

---------- Post added 04-01-19 at 07:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
West Coast and East Coast of the US have the same problem - too many people, so anything worth seeing becomes a crowd-control exercise. We lived in Western Massachusetts, Berkshires foothills, for seven years; during "Fall Colors" season, people would just park on the shoulder of a mountain road - leaving the road barely passable - and then walk a mile or two to where they want to be .... and in that area, that behavior is usually tolerated by the authorities.
What surprises me is how many people think sightseeing in crowds like these is fun!
04-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

That worked out well for a 'drive by'

I'm with you on the crowds! I don't want to be anywhere that a wall of port-a-potties is required.
04-01-2019, 10:18 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
That worked out well for a 'drive by'

I'm with you on the crowds! I don't want to be anywhere that a wall of port-a-potties is required.
Thanks Brian... and I liked your port-a-potty comment. That's a great definition for the "too crowded" threshold.

10-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Great colors !
And once more the result of excessive tourism.
10-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, I am impressed with the results from a moving car. Glad you got to see Anza Borrego as well, I didn't make it out there this year.
10-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We live close to the AV poppy refuge but the crowds of selfie fiends make it a place to avoid . You got some well considered images .