Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Lightly veined Pink
Lens: Sigma 180mm F3.5 Macro Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Perth Western Australia 
Posted By: eaglem, 04-12-2019, 05:56 PM

Rose in bloom.


Views: 400
04-12-2019, 10:25 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mroeder75's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 566
Nice shot. The leaves on my roses are just coming out. Do yours go into dormancy in the winter?
04-12-2019, 10:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 35,048
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
Nice shot. The leaves on my roses are just coming out. Do yours go into dormancy in the winter?
Ours bloom pretty much all year round except for just a short period of dormancy
04-13-2019, 06:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,716
Wow - this flower is so pretty! Great 3-D look to the photo, EM.

Jer

04-13-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 35,048
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - this flower is so pretty! Great 3-D look to the photo, EM.

Jer
I think I was wearing my TV 3D glasses when I took the shot.
04-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,057
Absolutely gorgeous.

TT
04-13-2019, 03:39 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 35,048
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Absolutely gorgeous.

TT
Thank you kindly Tony
04-13-2019, 09:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mroeder75's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Iowa
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 566
The scourge of our roses in the eastern and midwestern U.S. is the Japanese Beetle brought to New Jersey by ship in the early 1900s. They reached my area in Iowa in about 2000, and now for half the season or more they devour all the blooms and part of the foliage of my rose bushes.

I am trying out a Bayer systemic "Rose and Flower Care" on some, and Bayer Tree and Shrub Protect this year to see if I can get control over it. I have about 40 rose bushes. If neither of these systemics work I am shovel pruning most of them. It was a hobby I have had for years but the Japanese Beetles have depressed my passion for my hobby.

Do you have Japanese Beetles?

04-13-2019, 11:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 379
One of my patient told me add to my roses bushes coffee mad
I was skeptical ,but i try add what left in coffee filter several day to roses bushes and surprise they start more bright color and more healthy ..All white staff roses gone .
04-14-2019, 12:29 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 35,048
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
The scourge of our roses in the eastern and midwestern U.S. is the Japanese Beetle brought to New Jersey by ship in the early 1900s. They reached my area in Iowa in about 2000, and now for half the season or more they devour all the blooms and part of the foliage of my rose bushes.

I am trying out a Bayer systemic "Rose and Flower Care" on some, and Bayer Tree and Shrub Protect this year to see if I can get control over it. I have about 40 rose bushes. If neither of these systemics work I am shovel pruning most of them. It was a hobby I have had for years but the Japanese Beetles have depressed my passion for my hobby.

Do you have Japanese Beetles?
Apparently we do but I haven't seen any

---------- Post added 04-14-19 at 03:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dstar Quote
One of my patient told me add to my roses bushes coffee mad
I was skeptical ,but i try add what left in coffee filter several day to roses bushes and surprise they start more bright color and more healthy ..All white staff roses gone .
Yes I've heard Coffee Grounds are good for Roses.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bayer, beetles, bushes, camera, coffee, hobby, photo, roses
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Lightly veined eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 11-20-2018 03:56 AM
Nature A lightly veined eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 10-24-2018 12:33 AM
Nature Deep Pink Veined.............. eaglem Post Your Photos! 7 12-05-2017 03:22 PM
Nature A veined Pink Rose...... eaglem Post Your Photos! 15 03-11-2017 03:56 PM
Nature Deep Veined Pink........... eaglem Post Your Photos! 5 11-10-2013 03:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top