Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Olympus E-M1 II Mounted With Nikkor 105MM 2.5 Non Ai (Blue Bird in Flight)
Lens: Nikkor 105MM 2.5 Non Ai Camera: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Photo Location: Porter, IN ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F2.5 
Posted By: Lmcfarrin, 04-13-2019, 05:01 PM

Vintage glass kickin' #ss.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M1MarkII  Photo 

Last edited by Lmcfarrin; 04-13-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Views: 244
04-13-2019, 06:19 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
.... another shot.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M1MarkII  Photo 
04-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have a lot of things going for you, blue birds which are not the most common bird, and cameras.
04-14-2019, 03:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
You have a lot of things going for you, blue birds which are not the most common bird, and cameras.
Thank you.

I shoot nearly every free moment since 2015. I'm in the birds environment so regularly thet have become acostum to me and my cameras (they still maintain a proximity). My first dslr was a K-30 which I bought to use at work to improve documenting crash scenes - However, I also broke it at work when my tripod blew over. I then bought a K-5 and a K-3 II a few years after. I kept the cameras to compare their performances to include lenses. During the time I bought the K-5, I was only shooting in my backyard with the purpose of improving on my work photography and I was forced to use the equipment I had available. I joined this Pentax Forums and began researching/learning photography by interacting with Forum members. As probably all novice photographers believe, I thought the key to photography was the camera body, so I kept buying camera bodies. I would read the reviews of other cameras and initially only bought Sony and Olympus cameras to compare them against Pentax. As I purposely continued to evolve this style, I realized AF was not to efficient for what I was trying to accomplish and TOTALLY committed to MF and continued to use all of my cameras and lenses interchangeably and continued to tweak this contrarian shooting style. The use of different camera brands increased my learning and improve my performance with each camera. Using different cameras daily exposed the strengths and weaknesses of each brand - so as I would place the cameras for shooting I would place them based on their strengths. Once I graduated from being a novice, the use of MF revealed to me the key is in the lenses. MF led me to vintage glass everyone seemed to abandon.

Now, in 2019 I've brought it all together and my keeper rate and evolved technique has greatly improved. I also realize I reach for the best tool for the job with out bias to one camera brand or another (but I do know which is best for the job I'm doing).

.... I can deliver these captures with any dslr style camera to include point and shoots that will manually focus.

Last edited by Lmcfarrin; 04-14-2019 at 04:07 AM.
04-14-2019, 03:24 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
.... K-5 mounted with Pentacon 135MM 2.8 (Starling in Flight).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo