Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Joe's Yosemite Photo
Camera: I-Phone 6 Photo Location: Yosemite NP 
Posted By: ToddK, 04-13-2019, 09:18 PM

This is not my photo, my brother-in-law Joe took it and gave me permission to post it for my fellow PF members to view. He took this at Yosemite last week at daybreak and caught this perfect lighting, clouds and mist. He asked me to PP it, and I thought it would look best in B&W, and here is the result. Joe is not really into photography, but I have to give him credit for planning this out. He has never been to the park and flew out from Michigan last week. Before coming, he researched the park in advance and found out that the Tunnel Viewpoint was a great spot for observing sunrises. He was staying in an inn outside the park, and got up very early before sunrise, entered the park, and drove to this location. I only wish I could have been there with him with my gear I used Photomatix HD for the conversion to B&W which brought out significantly more detail in the trees, rock walls and sky. If you comment, I will pass them on to Joe. Hopefully he will catch the photography bug, and I can get him into some Pentax gear.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE  Photo 

Views: 591
04-14-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd say Joe and you - with your expert PP - did a great job! I recently bought a iPhone Xs, and the camera is remarkably good.

Jer
04-17-2019, 06:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Such a fine composition with excellent PP...excellent work all round.
04-17-2019, 07:24 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'd say Joe and you - with your expert PP - did a great job! I recently bought a iPhone Xs, and the camera is remarkably good.
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Such a fine composition with excellent PP...excellent work all round
Thanks Sailor and photomax7, I will pass your comments on to Joe! The quality from the iPhone was better than I expected.

04-17-2019, 06:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Absolutely great image.
04-17-2019, 07:05 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A good picture, it captures the atmosphere. It seems a phone is all one needs in most cases.
04-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
A good picture, it captures the atmosphere. It seems a phone is all one needs in most cases.
Thanks Arnold. A phone will do when that is all that you have. It is more about being in the right place at the right time.
04-19-2019, 03:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The kind of picture you dream of taking once in your life. Beautiful light and surprisingly good image for an iPhone camera.

04-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
The kind of picture you dream of taking once in your life. Beautiful light and surprisingly good image for an iPhone camera.
I completely agree. Thanks Richard.
01-06-2020, 02:01 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is not my photo, my brother-in-law Joe took it and gave me permission to post it for my fellow PF members to view. He took this at Yosemite last week at daybreak and caught this perfect lighting, clouds and mist. He asked me to PP it, and I thought it would look best in B&W, and here is the result. Joe is not really into photography, but I have to give him credit for planning this out. He has never been to the park and flew out from Michigan last week. Before coming, he researched the park in advance and found out that the Tunnel Viewpoint was a great spot for observing sunrises. He was staying in an inn outside the park, and got up very early before sunrise, entered the park, and drove to this location. I only wish I could have been there with him with my gear I used Photomatix HD for the conversion to B&W which brought out significantly more detail in the trees, rock walls and sky. If you comment, I will pass them on to Joe. Hopefully he will catch the photography bug, and I can get him into some Pentax gear.
What an incredible shot! Joe should be proud.