Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
The Leo Triplet - RGB Data Added
Lens: Stellarvue 80 ED Photo Location: My Colorado Backyard Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Colorado CJ, 04-14-2019, 02:03 PM

I finally had a clear night last night, so I decided to add the RGB data to my luminance data of the Leo Triplet.

I think the seeing was pretty bad last night though as my FWHM was much higher than normal. So, the final image isn't as sharp as it could have been.

I am happy with this image though. It is only my second LRGB image I've made with a mono camera.

Lum: 96 Minutes
Red: 75 Minutes
Green: 75 Minutes
Blue: 90 Minutes

Stellarvue SV80 Access F7
ZWO ASI183MM Pro
EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI 120MC-S Guide Camera
60mm Guide Scope

Attached Images

Views: 599
04-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks sharp enough to me! Very nice image. I appreciate the work you did to assemble it.
04-15-2019, 09:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks!

It seems that we've been plagued by clouds here in Colorado for the past few months. I'd love to shoot more, but even this shot at 5.6 hours took close to 3 weeks to finish.

I have a new scope coming in tomorrow, a Skywatcher MN190, but I won't be able to use it until next week with all the clouds.

Here is a link the a larger res image, as well as all the data (click the photo)

04-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Wow! Thanks for posting. It's amazing I would be really happy to get a shot of three galaxies even in monochrome, but I'll have to stick to much wider field images.

04-15-2019, 11:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have good reason to be happy. I assume that, due to the better luminance data, the slightly less sharp color data isn't creating a sense of blur, and the result is a visually very good image.

I have no experience processing deep-sky shots, and for sure not from a monochrome camera, but I'd be curious also from a wide-angle perspective: Is there some artificial "widening" of point-star images done by the software to get a better visual representation of brightness or are they actually "bleeding" charges to neighboring sensor sites in the camera data already?