Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
8 Likes  
An Attraction to Blue
Posted By: ToddK, 04-16-2019, 05:25 AM

I was in Healdsburg last week and was photographing these beautiful flowers, Echium. The bees were very attracted to them.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 1,026
04-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Someone called this a "great shot" - no: it is an astonishing shot!!
Image quality - pin sharp; colour - a perfect example of where less is so much more. Depth of field just perfect for the image.
Fascinated that a 70-210 zoom could be used for such a macro type of shot, especially without extension tubes or similar.
I am seething with jealousy!!
Thank you for the very nice comments! I am also very surprised of the result with this lens. If I had brought my DFA 100mm macro, I would not have even attempted it with this lens, but it was all that I had in my bag that could get me close to the bees. FYI, the specifications for the A70-210 in the Pentax Lens Reviews section is incorrect about minimum focus distance. At 70mm it focuses from about 1 foot away, not 120 cm.

01-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I was in Healdsburg last week and was photographing these beautiful flowers, Echium. The bees were very attracted to them.
And what a beautiful blue it is!
01-08-2020, 10:44 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
And what a beautiful blue it is!
Thank you!
01-09-2020, 06:09 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow,

That Bee is sharp.. add me to the list of those impressed with the A70-210 in the right hands. Nice Job on this one Todd. The combo of the honey bee on the purple flower is just beautiful!

al

01-09-2020, 06:12 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Wow,
That Bee is sharp.. add me to the list of those impressed with the A70-210 in the right hands. Nice Job on this one Todd. The combo of the honey bee on the purple flower is just beautiful!
al
Thanks Al! The A70-210 works great in these lighting conditions and is a very capable lens for close-ups like this. Not to mention that it is a lot of fun to use with the combo zoom/focus ring.