Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Posted By: jeffkpotter, 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Last edited by jeffkpotter; 06-14-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Views: 2,426
10-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeah the second and third images are good. Thanks for sharing them with us.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
I'm here to learn too. There's all kind of great stuff from old hands and new! Many newcomers to photography often have that fresh eye that makes me think, wow that subject, angle, or approach is cool. But cheap special effects are my thing. Cheap and dirty! I've got a pretty nice kit, but I'm a real low-budget guy. I have to be.
This is my approach also. I know there are others around here as well but I really do not do much image manipulations with software either. I like to try my tricks in front of or in the camera but seldom with Photoshop like programs.
Aside from cropping and color conversions I like to experiment in front of the camera rather than in front of a computer.
Keep up the interesting work, brother.

10-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #17
Ed in GA

While they are all really good, I like the shot of the Locomotive Best. Great light and Colors make it just jump right off the screen.
10-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jeff, I'm enjoying your shots - the hallway is really cool, but the lighting in the train shot captivates me.

Did you have any special lighting? Flashes with filters? Car headlights? Your flashlight? Streetlights? Whatever the source was, it works!
10-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Hey Jeff,

I really like the hallway image and it's appreciated how you explained the sequence of events... very interesting approach!!

Regards,
Marc

10-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
jeffkpotter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
Jeff, I'm enjoying your shots - the hallway is really cool, but the lighting in the train shot captivates me.

Did you have any special lighting? Flashes with filters? Car headlights? Your flashlight? Streetlights? Whatever the source was, it works!
No Chip, No special lighting by me. I just got really lucky! There was a building to the left, outside the frame of the picture, with a floodlight on it's back wall, and then there were those red switchlights (not sure what they're called), and that's what did it. [FA50mm1.4, Iso1250, F2, 1/13th of a sec.] Without shake reduction I would have never gotten it, believe me. It was that and dumb luck. There was a guy in a cap waving a light at the right front of the train for a few seconds but I missed him, durn it! Really wish I had got him in there. Glad you like, thanks for asking....
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The third one is very impressive. The first is nothing special for me, not bad but not "catchy". The second is very well lit, and well exposed.
10-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #22
jeffkpotter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
The third one is very impressive. The first is nothing special for me, not bad but not "catchy". The second is very well lit, and well exposed.
I think I'm going to photoshop a Pre-Raphaelite looking girl into that first one.
I really love your nightshots. Very impressive!

10-06-2008, 08:25 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Love the night train, and the last is pretty wild!