Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hello from the Void...
Posted By: Asad_Masede, 03-01-2007, 01:51 AM

I vanished for some time, I got busy doing other stuff and just simply forgot about posting here or checking the email that's associated with this account... just remembered to post some images here and say Hi to everyone. Rest assured, I haven't forgotten about my friends here. :-)

I'll try and post more, I haven't even been taking many images...

Anyway, here's some I took recently, I like the wrong WB (deliberate) on some of these...

Foggy night, street lamp and daylight whitebalance:

Wrong WB *and* ISO (800, should have been 200-400), but I like it for some reason:

A better exposed version at a lower ISO, no bird, however:

Now the *proper* image:

Now for the Sushi fans out there, sorry if this makes you drool :

This is it for the time being, I'll go out shooting somewhere new and see what I get.

Cheers!
-Asad
Views: 1,766
03-01-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hi, Asad. Very moody shots. The last shot made me feel so hungry!

Glad to see you back here
03-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Asad-

I was wondering where you'd got to... I know how it is with getting busy and having no time to shoot. But what shooting you did! I really like the sunset (or is it sunrise?) with the "wrong" WB, it gives it quite the moody feel. And oh, sushi... if I hadn't recently had a really good feed (smoked eel nigiri to die for...) I'd be annoyed with you! Must bring the camera to the restaurant next time I go. You've inspired me, I've hardly touched the camera in weeks, I'm going to make a real effort despite my crazy schedule!

Julie
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Asad,
good to see you back again...with some great shots too.
They all are very good, but the first one is superb...very striking, I love it.
Cheers.

03-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Good to see you back here. You're probably "responsible" for a large percentage of the people being here anyway.
03-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I might be alergic to seafood, but wow that sushi just looks so good to eat right now!

Nice set of shots!
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Hi Asad,
I'm glad to see you're still here I was starting to wonder where you got to. I like the shots. The missed WB shots really set a mood, and your last shot (Man your food shots always make me hungry, I'll be back I need to run out and get some sea food)

03-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'Day Asad,
I was starting to get worried about you....almost to the stage of sending Jack looking for you
Great shots.
Cheers
Grant
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Hi, Asad. Very moody shots. The last shot made me feel so hungry!

Glad to see you back here
Thanks roentarre, glad you like the shots. :-)

Hungry is right, it's even worse for me because I know what it tastes like, I looked at the image last night when I was hungry and was cursing myself.

Cheers,
-Asad
03-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Hi Asad-

I was wondering where you'd got to... I know how it is with getting busy and having no time to shoot. But what shooting you did! I really like the sunset (or is it sunrise?) with the "wrong" WB, it gives it quite the moody feel. And oh, sushi... if I hadn't recently had a really good feed (smoked eel nigiri to die for...) I'd be annoyed with you! Must bring the camera to the restaurant next time I go. You've inspired me, I've hardly touched the camera in weeks, I'm going to make a real effort despite my crazy schedule!

Julie
Hi Julie!

Well, let's just say I got a few things going at the same time, none is complete, so it's an inbetween stage.

The image is of a sunset, or close to it, I was with a friend and had the camera on USER, which in my case is the indoor+tungsten-wb setting at ISO800, shot away and got that, kept it because I liked it anyway and kept shooting the wrong WB. Glad you like them, thanks for the compliment. :-)

Smoked Eel nigiri sounds great! I've had it, Eel has to be the best tasting "fish" I've had, some people don't like it, though. :-P

Hope to see food pics from you. ;-)

Cheers,
-Asad
03-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Rylance Quote
Hi Asad,
good to see you back again...with some great shots too.
They all are very good, but the first one is superb...very striking, I love it.
Cheers.
Hello Scott, thanks, good to be back. I'm glad you like that image, I am a sucker for fog, and visible light rays, they go well together, the branches add more, IMO.

Cheers!
-Asad
03-02-2007, 01:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Good to see you back here. You're probably "responsible" for a large percentage of the people being here anyway.
LoL, well, I don't know if I was "responsible", but I may have been "the straw that broke the camel's back." :-P

The forum was getting weird, especially after Phil got rid of a certain thread posted by Jack... anyway, this place is great. ;-)

Cheers,
-Asad
03-02-2007, 01:53 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
I might be alergic to seafood, but wow that sushi just looks so good to eat right now!

Nice set of shots!
Now that's one fantastic compliment, Alvin, thanks! For my image to have overcome your allergy to seafood.

I think the fact that it was also taken by one of the most delicious lenses Pentax ever made, adds to the image. It's a product of the 31ltd, makes a great match with the K10D. :-)

Cheers!
-Asad
03-02-2007, 01:58 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Hi Asad,
I'm glad to see you're still here I was starting to wonder where you got to. I like the shots. The missed WB shots really set a mood, and your last shot (Man your food shots always make me hungry, I'll be back I need to run out and get some sea food)
Haha, nice! I'm sorry but I'm also happy that they make you hungry, it means the image has done it's job. :-D

Cheers!
-Asad
03-02-2007, 02:02 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
G'Day Asad,
I was starting to get worried about you....almost to the stage of sending Jack looking for you
Great shots.
Cheers
Grant
G'Day, Grant! Hah, I met Jack only a couple of days ago for some food and a walk-about shoot, in fact, here's him right here:

As is the custom, the weather here has basically made the sun a rare occurance, everyone likes it when it *does* show, though.

Glad you like the shots. :-)

Cheers!
-Asad