Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
VLF winning images are now online, exhibits begin showing on Oct. 8th in McAllen, TX
Posted By: Marc Langille, 10-06-2008, 04:18 PM

Hi Everyone!

First off, a sincere thank you to everyone for their words of encouragement and support during the time that I've been a forum member...

For reference, here is the original post:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/37654-pentax-takes-1st-2...ges-total.html

Link to images that placed (under my name):
http://valleylandfund.com/cgi-bin/photos/photos.cgi?db=default&uid=default&v...arc%20Langille

You can go and view all of the categories here:
2008 South Texas Shootout Winners Gallery - Valley Land Fund

On my website homepage there is a slide show. Images #4 --> #7 are the images that placed (no cropping is allowed). Other images from the competition are also scattered within the slide show. There are other links to sort by landowner, etc. Please remember these images were taken during a 7 month long drought. The area was in arrears ~ 14-16 inches of rain. I hope you enjoy them.

For those of you in McAllen,TX and the area (from the Competition Director):

"Our traveling images will be displayed Wednesday October 8th at Clark Chevrolet at 815 W. Business 83. They will host some of these images in their car showroom, truck showroom, at their Honda showroom so make sure you visit all three.

The display will also be able to be viewed at Compass Bank 1319 N. 10th Street. McAllen the week of October 13th."

I will update as information on exhibits as it becomes available.

Regards,
Marc

Last edited by Marc Langille; 10-06-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Views: 3,029
10-06-2008, 05:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrat's again. The second link is not working Marc.. As I have mentioned, everytime you post a picture, that you give me a standard to shoot for.. Even if I don't get there I know I will have fun trying. Good luck on your future ventures and keep bringing those Pentax pictures! Cheers JIMBO
10-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Congrat's again. The second link is not working Marc.. As I have mentioned, everytime you post a picture, that you give me a standard to shoot for.. Even if I don't get there I know I will have fun trying. Good luck on your future ventures and keep bringing those Pentax pictures! Cheers JIMBO
Thanks Jim for the props and I've corrected the truncated 2nd link.

Besides, I've not posted my red-tailed hawk and another Nilgai shot I got just by chance - I didn't submit it only because of an OOF branch in the foreground. Let's just say the 500mm was very, very useful....

Cheers,
Marc
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Congrats again Marc and thanks for the link. It was good to see your shots in company with the other winners. The standard was very high and you should feel proud of your achievement, I know we all are.

10-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you for posting the link Marc. I can't help but wonder what the heck the lens the top three photos were taken with. No cropping meant they were either in the water with these birds or had an amazingly long lens.
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Stunning photos, thanks for sharing, and congrats!

Bill
10-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Congrats again Marc and thanks for the link. It was good to see your shots in company with the other winners. The standard was very high and you should feel proud of your achievement, I know we all are.
Thanks Gary!

I'm just back last weekend from the Pacific NW trip. I really enjoyed it. Managed to get in a 3 hour ride on a Litespeed Ti with 3400 ft. of vertical in just 45 miles during the middle of last week...

I'm really happy at how it turned out. Again, thank you...

Regards,
Marc

10-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Thank you for posting the link Marc. I can't help but wonder what the heck the lens the top three photos were taken with. No cropping meant they were either in the water with these birds or had an amazingly long lens.
You are most welcome LaRee!

Floating blinds is the key, often using a 500 or 600mm prime with a TC. I had no chance in those categories, so I didn't submit in them...

Regards,
Marc
10-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chubasco Quote
Stunning photos, thanks for sharing, and congrats!

Bill
Thank you Bill! Much appreciated...
10-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow the Second place of the REPTILES & AMPHIBIANS section... s/he shoot under water?! Cool!