Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 848
05-19-2019, 04:53 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the simplicity of the scene and the way you changed the colour tone to make the colours in their jackets stand out against the colourless dock and water. For some reason it reminds me of an Alex Colville painting.
05-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
I really like the simplicity of the scene and the way you changed the colour tone to make the colours in their jackets stand out against the colourless dock and water. For some reason it reminds me of an Alex Colville painting.
X 2 regarding your comments. Also does remind me of an Alex Colville painting, very much so.

Lovely.
05-19-2019, 05:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So where's the fishing lines? Good shot

05-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
I really like the simplicity of the scene and the way you changed the colour tone to make the colours in their jackets stand out against the colourless dock and water.
Here in Scotland we are simply folk.

To be honest the only tweaking done in PP to the image was, lower the Pink and increase the Blue a bit and add a bit of texture to the planking with the latest texture slider in LR, the rest was all shot as is.

For some reason it reminds me of an Alex Colville painting.
Thanks for the link, he's not an artist I was familiar with at all... but I can understand where your coming from with your comment, when I viewed his gallery. I guess maybe it's a Canadian thing... as you both you and lesmore49 seem to know him.
05-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
X 2 regarding your comments. Also does remind me of an Alex Colville painting, very much so. Lovely.
Thank you for your kind comments, have a wee look at my reply to RGlasel as bits of it concerning Alex Colville are for you too.
05-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
So where's the fishing lines?
No lines required... we just charm the fish out of the water here in the Highlands.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Good shot
Thank you.

05-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Here in Scotland we are simply folk.
There is a subtle difference in the English language between simply minded folk and simple minded folk. When I was five, we moved out into the countryside and didn't get to enjoy indoor plumbing at home until I was thirteen. I feel like I am well versed in living simply and being simple.

---------- Post added 05-20-19 at 03:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
the only tweaking done in PP to the image was, lower the Pink and increase the Blue a bit
Well then your vantage point really helped to capture the dark water and strongly contrast with the children and backpack. Funny how it has become difficult to tell apart processed images from the real world.

Last edited by RGlasel; 05-20-2019 at 01:56 PM.
05-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
it has become difficult to tell apart processed images from the real world
Normally that would a considered a great compliment by submitting photographers...