Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Thinking of Rupert
Lens: K135 Camera: K5 
Posted By: MSL, 06-04-2019, 02:27 PM

If I wanted to take picture of squirrels, I'd put the camera outside on a tripod and enjoy a lazy afternoon in my backyard.

But when out at one of the city parks and confronted with some wildlife, it seemed worthwhile to try to capture the squirrels and the competition between them and the various birds for the nuts and seeds that had been left for them. And they were partly captured with Rupert in mind, and the collective membership of the Forums. I've been far less active the past couple of years (and by and large not done much photography), but I've still visited now and then.

Views: 315
06-04-2019, 04:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots to remind us of Rupert!
06-04-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
MSL
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Nice shots to remind us of Rupert!
Thank you. I've been so inactive on the forums the past couple of years, I either didn't know or had forgotten about his passing. I didn't discover this news until I went digging around after I posted some non-squirrel shots (they were chased away by the birds) and there was less of a response than I expected. (Blame the Squirrels - PentaxForums.com)

Definitely a void without him here. He had a view of life that I found interesting to read.
06-04-2019, 07:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
If I wanted to take picture of squirrels, I'd put the camera outside on a tripod and enjoy a lazy afternoon in my backyard.
Thank you for posting!

06-05-2019, 09:27 PM   #5
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Thank you. I've been so inactive on the forums the past couple of years, I either didn't know or had forgotten about his passing. I didn't discover this news until I went digging around after I posted some non-squirrel shots (they were chased away by the birds) and there was less of a response than I expected. (Blame the Squirrels - PentaxForums.com)

Definitely a void without him here. He had a view of life that I found interesting to read.
The "Squirrel Thread" he started still lives, now as a memorial to him.
Got Squirrel Shots? (In memorial of Rupert) - PentaxForums.com