Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
At the bar
Lens: 16-85mm Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Spain 
Posted By: Janse, 06-06-2019, 05:46 AM

Espiel, where also the mules like to go to bar.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 571
06-06-2019, 06:12 AM   #2
Forum Member

You will be his best friend if you give him a carrot or a piece of sugar .
06-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That is a great shot Janse! That brings back a great memory from me when I was about 12 years old visiting my grandparents in a small town in western North Dakota. My grandfather and I went for a horseback ride and we ended up at a bar downtown. My grandfather literally tried to ride the horse into the bar! Needless to say, the proprietor wasn't too pleased
06-06-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good shot, Janse. Keep enjoying your travels. We saw someone riding his mule to the bar in Foz Coa, Portugal. I think it was hitched up outside though. I hope you didn't laugh anywhere near this one. Brings back memories of Clint Eastwood in "A Fistful of Dollars", cigar in corner of mouth: "My mule don't like people laughing." But I'm sure you were not indiscreet enough to fire shots at the mules feet.

06-06-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful capture. Very colorful, bright, sharp and interesting. Thnx.

TT
06-11-2019, 01:58 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
You will be his best friend if you give him a carrot or a piece of sugar .
I hope it was enough that I baught beer for his master. :-)

---------- Post added 06-11-19 at 02:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
That is a great shot Janse! That brings back a great memory from me when I was about 12 years old visiting my grandparents in a small town in western North Dakota. My grandfather and I went for a horseback ride and we ended up at a bar downtown. My grandfather literally tried to ride the horse into the bar! Needless to say, the proprietor wasn't too pleased
Thank you so much ToddK for your comments and story. :-)

---------- Post added 06-11-19 at 02:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Good shot, Janse. Keep enjoying your travels. We saw someone riding his mule to the bar in Foz Coa, Portugal. I think it was hitched up outside though. I hope you didn't laugh anywhere near this one. Brings back memories of Clint Eastwood in "A Fistful of Dollars", cigar in corner of mouth: "My mule don't like people laughing." But I'm sure you were not indiscreet enough to fire shots at the mules feet.
Thank you. I tried to behave. My wife took a picture of me posing with the mule and the two gentlemen responsibel for the animal. Do you think it is ok to post it later? :-)

---------- Post added 06-11-19 at 02:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Wonderful capture. Very colorful, bright, sharp and interesting. Thnx.

TT
Thanks again Tony.
06-11-2019, 02:20 AM   #7
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Do you think it is ok to post it later? :-) ---------- Post added 06-11-19 at 02:09 AM ---------- Originally posted by Tonytee Wonderful capture. Very colorful, bright, sharp and interesting. Thnx.
TT
Please post it. I am sure we will work out which is the mule.
06-11-2019, 06:28 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great catch, Janse! My kind of mule - I also like to drop in to a bar for a cold one.

Jer

06-11-2019, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I suppose this makes it a draft animal.
06-11-2019, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
A mule walks into a bar ...

... and acts like an ass!
06-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #11
Pentaxian

That is a wonderful photo...the man with his smile and mule, the mule itself in such an unusual location. A timeless photograph.
06-11-2019, 08:22 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

When I was a kid we had a mule that would've cleared that table in a few seconds. That mule looooved beer. It would grab a bottle in its mouth, tip its head back and drain the bottle, and then drop the empty, lick its lips and wait for the next beer. First time visitors were never warned. They'd be handed a beer and then under some pretext convinced to set the beer on a fence post (to give some sort of helping hand) while the mule waited. Their expression when the mule swiped their beer was priceless. Visitors who knew the mule would usually bring a six pack.
06-11-2019, 08:46 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gifthorse Quote
When I was a kid we had a mule that would've cleared that table in a few seconds. That mule looooved beer. It would grab a bottle in its mouth, tip its head back and drain the bottle, and then drop the empty, lick its lips and wait for the next beer. First time visitors were never warned. They'd be handed a beer and then under some pretext convinced to set the beer on a fence post (to give some sort of helping hand) while the mule waited. Their expression when the mule swiped their beer was priceless. Visitors who knew the mule would usually bring a six pack.

Your family had a drunken ass. We get a lot of those around here, mostly the two-legged variety.
06-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Please post it. I am sure we will work out which is the mule.
Thank you PJ1 for commenting. :-)

---------- Post added 06-15-19 at 11:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great catch, Janse! My kind of mule - I also like to drop in to a bar for a cold one.

Jer
Thank you Jer. We have things in common. :-)

---------- Post added 06-15-19 at 11:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
A mule walks into a bar ...

... and acts like an ass!
No..no.. he behaved very well. :-)

---------- Post added 06-15-19 at 11:43 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
That is a wonderful photo...the man with his smile and mule, the mule itself in such an unusual location. A timeless photograph.
Thank you so much lesmore49 for those kind words. :-)

---------- Post added 06-15-19 at 11:45 PM ----------

Thank you Sir for that great story. :-)

---------- Post added 06-15-19 at 11:46 PM ----------

Thank you Sir for that great story!

---------- Post added 06-15-19 at 11:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
Your family had a drunken ass. We get a lot of those around here, mostly the two-legged variety.
I give you a yellow card mroeder75 for being condescening upon thirsty beings. :-)