Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
From the Piccolo Lagazuoi, Dolomites
Lens: Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm Camera: Leica SL ISO: 50 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 06-14-2019, 10:33 AM

A view from the top of the Piccolo Lagazuoi, on the Dolomites, on a cloudy evening Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 386
06-14-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Terrific lighting with a beautifully illuminated rock face!
06-17-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Terrific lighting with a beautifully illuminated rock face!
Thank you very much Todd, I am glad you enjoyed it!

Best regards,

Vieri
06-18-2019, 02:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a beautiful shot. Not sure how I missed it when you first posted it, Vieri.

06-18-2019, 02:49 AM   #5
Pentaxian

An oustanding shot, Vieri!
... and another reminder that besides all the talk about great equipment the arguably most important factor for a great shot is to get out no matter how early or late and be there when the light is perfect. I am sure you've had many occasions where the weather did not turn out as needed. But to have the dedication to get the shot you want is what probably separates the master from us occasional shooters ...
06-18-2019, 05:32 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautifully lit as always Vieri.
06-18-2019, 05:36 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Fantastic image Vieri...half close your eyes and it looks like an oil painting by Turner.
06-19-2019, 02:20 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It's a beautiful shot. Not sure how I missed it when you first posted it, Vieri.
Thank you very much indeed, I am glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
An oustanding shot, Vieri!
... and another reminder that besides all the talk about great equipment the arguably most important factor for a great shot is to get out no matter how early or late and be there when the light is perfect. I am sure you've had many occasions where the weather did not turn out as needed. But to have the dedication to get the shot you want is what probably separates the master from us occasional shooters ...
Thank you very much indeed Norbert!

Well, you are right, that wasn't my first time up there (and won't probably be the last!). On that particular day, staying lower in the valley you were completely shrouded in clouds, with very little visibility. I looked at the shape and type of clouds and at their movement, and I thought it would be a good call to go (again!) up the Lagazuoi, and see if I could make something out of the clouds parting and forming again - and I could.

On a different note, and as I posted on another forum: I often find that people enjoy photos online thinking that it's just luck, and not putting the work in, that makes the difference between a good photo and a bad one, or between professional photographers producing consistently high quality results and the rest (I am speaking in general of course, not about me). People think that we are incredibly lucky: we just go somewhere, take a great shot and go home, while amateurs and holiday makers just are doomed by bad luck and never find the great sky, their photos don't post-process as well as professionals', they need a better camera, better lenses, and so on. The truth behind a great photo is not just in the photo you see, that's just like the tip of the iceberg. Like the submerged part of an iceberg, the truth behind a great photo is in the dozens of trip that end with perhaps an OK photo but without a truly great image, without "portfolio keepers" so to speak. These trips and those photos are the things people don't know about, but the things that are fundamental in creating good work. There often is a huge investment of time, research, money and energy behind one single successful photo. There always is a huge investment of time, study and work behind the post-processing of a great photo. Behind a great print. Behind marketing it. And so on. Luck, of course, has a part in it as it has with any human endeavour: relying just of luck to do photography, however, like with an other human endeavour, will never end well I am afraid

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Beautifully lit as always Vieri.
Thank you very much indeed Susan!

QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Fantastic image Vieri...half close your eyes and it looks like an oil painting by Turner.
Wow, that is truly very kind of you Photomax!

Best regards,

Vieri

Last edited by The Madshutter; 06-19-2019 at 09:18 AM.
06-19-2019, 07:44 AM   #9
PEG Gallery Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Hielands o' Scootlund....... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand"..............William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Piccolo Lagazuoi, Dolomites
As with all your imagery, the level of detail, textures and quality of light is outstanding.
06-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
As with all your imagery, the level of detail, textures and quality of light is outstanding.
Thank you very much indeed, that is very kind of you to say Best regards,

Vieri