Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12 Likes  
Formula 1 - Monaco Grand Prix 2019
Posted By: red5isalive, 06-21-2019, 01:37 PM

Hello members,

In the recent years I've been able to enjoy Monaco during the Formula 1 Grand Prix taking images of the Support Races.
This year I've been lucky enough to get able to Shoot Formula 1 instead.

So here I wanna share the images I like the most from those 4 hectic days. In my personal view Monaco is superb for images.

Here they go:

- From this one the thing I like is that you can see the driver's eyes (Daniel Ricciardo's eyes)

I was lucky to get Vettel sliding into the exit of the corner but unlucky to find the fence in the way

A different view from the same

I was about to miss those ones

Mainly used: Pentax K3-II + Pentax K3 Silver + Sigma 100-300mm F4 + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 at different shutter speeds,

Hope you lilke them
Views: 2,223
07-02-2019, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #16

Photos: Albums
Absolutely jaw dropping.... I love to see the suspension details and aero appendages, and to see the inside front tire lifting in hard corning. The dynamics of F1 are best presented in motion, and you have captured it so well. Looking forward to more.

07-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shirey Quote
Absolutely jaw dropping.... I love to see the suspension details and aero appendages, and to see the inside front tire lifting in hard corning. The dynamics of F1 are best presented in motion, and you have captured it so well. Looking forward to more.

Thank you! Glad you like them
07-02-2019, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great set Daniel. Thanks for sharing them.
07-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Great set Daniel. Thanks for sharing them.
Thank you
It involved lots of walking for 4 days

04-09-2021, 02:58 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Dear members how are you?
I know this is an old post, but it does have a long story.

Somehow back in 2019 my main (and only) hard drive that is where I was keeping these images just passed away and it did caused me a lot of trouble and pain. To the point I sent it to some repair services but nothing worked out. So I was done. I just lost all my 2019 imaginery.

But this 2021 a friend of mine told me to try some Lightroom recover methodology (as Lightroom keeps previews of your images you could recover your images). And it works. But I just got a bunch to 700kb images. So around 0,7mb images. Really nothing exceptional. But then I found some software named "photorec" that you can use on your SD cards for example, to recover deleted images.

And also at the time got back my Canon eos M10 that a friend borrowed long ago (around 2019) with one SD card of mine.
So I don't know why, I went to check this SD card.

And all of a sudden 700 images from Monaco 2019 appeared in front of me at a size of 10 to 12 megabytes per image!!!! I was SO happy!
Those are images I have been shooting with my K3 Silver + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8.

And some images I just really forgot I did took them.
So I later worked on some editing on some of them and here I can share them proudly to have been able to recover them and rediscover them.

I have also tried some different style while editing them

Those are taken from the Tunnel to the exterior while the cars pass go by you and with the image of the upcoming track and the town of Monaco in front of us.
The settings where TV mode at 1/5000sec due to the fact that I wasn't able to see the cars come so I was shooting when I heard them coming by me. Plus on race day you can't really stay much time in a spot by yourself in Montecarlo, someone else would be there waiting in line for you to move and use the same spot for shooting.

I hope you like them. I have some 3 more like those but are on the flickr album.
04-09-2021, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daniel, these are absolute masterpieces! Wonderful work!
I've been to Monza but didn't have the camera rig I have now. My phone did not do anything justice ha ha ha

Thanks for the inspiration!
04-09-2021, 10:51 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you very much
Glad you like them

Oh I also was in Monza! Which year where you there? I was there in 2019. (I also lost those images) and Monza is impressive. Just a shame I wasn't able to walk it out due to the fact media shuttles where not working. I really wanted to see way more of Monza.

04-10-2021, 01:41 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi again,

I'll post some more I've found and edited new

04-10-2021, 06:09 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Daniel, I was there in 2014 on a trip through Milan, Monza, Venice then up to Innsbruck Austria and then into Hannover where my sister used to live. I truly wish I had my camera rig back then. The churches, scenery, were all spectacular. The open market in Venice would have been a day of shooting including darker photos of open tables at night during supper. Oh man, I have to go back.....��
04-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Grey Man Quote
Daniel, I was there in 2014 on a trip through Milan, Monza, Venice then up to Innsbruck Austria and then into Hannover where my sister used to live. I truly wish I had my camera rig back then. The churches, scenery, were all spectacular. The open market in Venice would have been a day of shooting including darker photos of open tables at night during supper. Oh man, I have to go back.....��
Ahh I see.
yes Milan is nice, Venice is beautiful and haven't been in those places in Austria.
04-18-2021, 07:49 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great action photos!
04-20-2021, 11:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cl1352 Quote
Great action photos!
Thank you, glad you like them
04-20-2021, 11:59 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Amazing set of photos. So dynamic. The panning shots are especially interesting. All the action came out very strongly, the color is vivid and there is a lot of detail. I’m really impressed with the split -second shots that are so thought out at the same time. Nice work.
04-21-2021, 12:07 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Amazing set of photos. So dynamic. The panning shots are especially interesting. All the action came out very strongly, the color is vivid and there is a lot of detail. I’m really impressed with the split -second shots that are so thought out at the same time. Nice work.
Thank you very much indeed Glad you like them
04-21-2021, 12:21 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Great close ups with focus on the driver. Number 3.