Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
12 Likes  #1
Formula 1 - Monaco Grand Prix 2019
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm and Sigma 17-50mm Camera: Pentax K3-II & Pentax K3 Silver Photo Location: Montecarlo 
Posted By: red5isalive, 06-21-2019, 01:37 PM

Hello members,

In the recent years I've been able to enjoy Monaco during the Formula 1 Grand Prix taking images of the Support Races.
This year I've been lucky enough to get able to Shoot Formula 1 instead.

So here I wanna share the images I like the most from those 4 hectic days. In my personal view Monaco is superb for images.

Here they go:

- From this one the thing I like is that you can see the driver's eyes (Daniel Ricciardo's eyes)

I was lucky to get Vettel sliding into the exit of the corner but unlucky to find the fence in the way

A different view from the same

I was about to miss those ones

Mainly used: Pentax K3-II + Pentax K3 Silver + Sigma 100-300mm F4 + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 at different shutter speeds,

Hope you lilke them
Views: 2,224
06-21-2019, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I always look forward to your photos, Daniel. You really capture the "feel" of a high-end car race.

Jer
06-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I always look forward to your photos, Daniel. You really capture the "feel" of a high-end car race.

Jer

Thank you very much Jer

Difficult that time as it can not look like that but cars go really fast in those streets and at some points I've really suffered with the AF not focusing properly.

As you can see I've also used quite fast shutter speeds that is not my taste but had to deliver and at some points you can just not use slower shutters. Anyways I was able to create some slow shutter speed images also
06-21-2019, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Impressive photography. Great focus, tight, relevant, racing composition. Some nice positioning for photography judging by your photos. Felt like I was there...

Photo of what I'm assuming is a helmeted (ACM on helmet) fire fighter...excellent and novel.

Well done, very enjoyable to go through your pictures.

06-21-2019, 02:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Impressive photography. Great focus, tight, relevant, racing composition. Some nice positioning for photography judging by your photos. Felt like I was there...

Photo of what I'm assuming is a helmeted (ACM on helmet) fire fighter...excellent and novel.

Well done, very enjoyable to go through your pictures.
Thank you very much

That that you said is what fullfils me the most: "Felt like I was there...", this is what I was looking to do

Yes the ACM is the Firefighters from Montecarlo.
06-21-2019, 03:23 PM - 1 Like   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful series, Daniel !!

I like them all, but #3 is my favourite. It captures so many different elements, with a really exciting rendering. Nice work!
06-21-2019, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Really nice job with these photos, Daniel. How nice to be there for the race, too!

06-21-2019, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #8

amazing images!!!
06-22-2019, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A great series!! Thanks for sharing and for me it is next to impossible to pick a favorite!
06-22-2019, 05:11 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Wonderful series, Daniel !!

I like them all, but #3 is my favourite. It captures so many different elements, with a really exciting rendering. Nice work!
Thank you
Yes its also one of my favourites if not my favourite, but I also like the ones with the cars at 3 wheels and the close ups at the Loewe's Corner (nowadays renamed).

QuoteOriginally posted by troika Quote
Really nice job with these photos, Daniel. How nice to be there for the race, too!
Thank you troika Yes its great fun and a lot of walking if you wanna get different images.
To get to the podium we have been stopped during the last lap at the Pit Entry. A mate of mine was after me, when they let us go there was a lot of people and I've seen him run and start overtaking people, so I just followed and it payed off as I could get some podium images, but was close to crazyness xDD

QuoteOriginally posted by jonnytheweb Quote
amazing images!!!
Thank you Jonny

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
A great series!! Thanks for sharing and for me it is next to impossible to pick a favorite!
Thank you
Hehe well that means you like them, so it's good. Its also difficult for me to just pick only an image
06-22-2019, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a great series, if I had to pick one it would be #19.
06-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
What a great series, if I had to pick one it would be #19.
Thank you,

Glad you like them

#19 has been taken at the Pool section by the outside of it
06-22-2019, 05:16 PM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

very nice set of images nice job !!
06-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
very nice set of images nice job !!