Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mackinac Island, MI
Posted By: rw2mlt, 10-09-2008, 11:47 AM

Here are a few more pics from my recent mini-vacation using my camera for the first time. Nothing has been done except a resize to post here.

Picture #1:
Taken from the porch of the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, MI.
K200D, 18-55mm, 23mm, 1/90, F11, ISO 200

Picture #2:
Another angle from the porch -- there were postcards in the stores on this island with a photo almost identical to this one.
K200D, 18-55mm, 28mm, 1/500, F11, ISO 200

Picture #3:
This was taken from the porch looking out at the Mackinac Bridge that spans between the Lower and Upper Peninsulas of Michigan. One day I'll get back up there with my new 70-300mm and see how much better it can get.
K200D, 18-55mm, 55mm, 1/1500, F11, ISO 200

Enjoy!
Julie

Attached Images

Views: 2,584
10-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Julie,

You know how to make a man homesick. I've crossed that bridge many times while and after I attended Michigan Technological University in the Upper Peninsula. It looks like you had wonderful weather while on the island. Thanks for posting, your images brought a smile to my face.

Tim
10-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Tim,

You've made my day. Smiles are the one thing I try to bring into someone's life each day. Something I've always strived to do during my day. And thank you for your kind comments. It was a beautiful day that day.

I've lived here in Michigan my entire life and I never tire of the beauty up there. Our mini trip included the Soo Locks and the T. Falls, so you know how beautiful it is up there this time of year.

Didn't want to make you homesick but glad it brought a smile.

Julie
10-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Julie,

I haven't been to the island for a long time but it looks just the same from your images. Thanks for sharing.

Tom G

10-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
You're very welcome.

It's place like these and the incredible changing of the seasons that make it difficult to ever even consider moving anywhere else. I have to have the fall colors, the spring blooms, warm summers and snow at Christmas.

In my limited travels, the only place that might come close (and I've even have heartedly considered moving to) is Tennessee, the eastern portion to be exact. Still would need my snow at Christmas though.

As for the weekend, we had two great days, one a little overcast with a little rain but made for some excellent picture taking opportunities. The last day no pictures were taken at all outside. It was very chilly and raining but we got our shots so I can't complain.

If anyone gets a chance to explore Mackinac Island or any of the northern areas of Michigan, you won't regret it. It's beautiful, especially this time of year.

Julie