Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
The Turtle and His Box
Posted By: kiowawarrior, 07-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Couple of shots from my trusty K-10D taken a few years back of a friendly North American Box Turtle. This little fellow was in the wild, not tamed. Surprising how fast they can retract their landing gear when they want to. This is not my best work, by far, but it is a favorite of mine.

Attached Images

Views: 156
6 Days Ago   #2
Pentaxian

Lovely photos of an Ornate Box Turtle. They're quite strong for their size and the Box Turtle is able to completely take in it's body and clamp down it;s shell very tightly. Nice , little animals.
6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Lovely photos of an Ornate Box Turtle. They're quite strong for their size and the Box Turtle is able to completely take in it's body and clamp down it;s shell very tightly. Nice , little animals.
Thank you! Later on I saved a snapping turtle near where this one had been. The snapping turtle was in the middle of a two lane country road. Fortunately the road is not real busy so I stood road guard over it until it went on it's way.
6 Days Ago   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kiowawarrior Quote
Thank you! Later on I saved a snapping turtle near where this one had been. The snapping turtle was in the middle of a two lane country road. Fortunately the road is not real busy so I stood road guard over it until it went on it's way.
You're a good guy, saving that snapping turtle. I believe the middle of the road is where many of them meet an untimely end.