Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Seaside adventures
Lens: Samyang 24mm, Irix 15mm Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Waddensea ISO: 100 Aperture: F9 
Posted By: Fries, 07-11-2019, 01:41 PM

I am not really a very prolific poster but when I do I mainly post seascapes. I guess I found my niche... Al photo's are from the Frisian coast along the Unesco Word Heritage Waddensea.

Cheers,

Remco

1. Clouds traveling over the sea at low tide. (1)

2. Clouds traveling over the sea at low tide. (2)

3. The smalles island in the sea.

4. The sea attacks the shore.

Views: 802
07-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I must agree in that it appears as though you have found your niche. Very,very well done sea/landscape photography. Bravo!!

TT
07-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice images. It is a beautiful area.
07-12-2019, 05:32 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Outstanding series, Remco! I love the - for lack of a better word - "texture" of your shots. Very nice, indeed.

Jer

07-12-2019, 05:52 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dramatic, evocative series, well done! dave m
07-13-2019, 02:22 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
I must agree in that it appears as though you have found your niche. Very,very well done sea/landscape photography. Bravo!!

TT
Tony, thanks! It is not the only kind of photography I do. And as a camerajournalist shooting video has a lot in common with shooting stills. But when I have some free time on my hands I almost alway's end up on the coast of the Waddensea.

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Very nice images. It is a beautiful area.
Pete, thank you! It is the closest you can get to something resembling wild nature in my somewhat overcrowded country.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Outstanding series, Remco! I love the - for lack of a better word - "texture" of your shots. Very nice, indeed.

Jer
Thanks Jer! I try to hold back in post processing just enough to bring out the texture of the sky an the sea but not so much the photo looks like a over the top HDR. And I am bracketing regularly to achieve the right exposure.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
dramatic, evocative series, well done! dave m
Dave, thanks! Achieving some drama in my landscape photography can sometimes be somewhat of a challenge in the mostly flat country I live. We don't have Yosemite mountains! The Waddensea is the perfect spot for me. Mostly moulded by the tides it can give that feeling of awesomeness you get when you are surrounded by a big natural landscape.

Cheers,

Remco
07-13-2019, 11:23 PM - 2 Likes   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Seaside adventures
I always enjoy the timeless feel to your imagery, nothing would date them when you hang them on the wall... from Adriaen van de Veldeold to now.

07-14-2019, 06:44 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I always enjoy the timeless feel to your imagery, nothing would date them when you hang them on the wall... from Adriaen van de Veldeold to now.
That is one of the nicest compliments I have ever gotten. Thanks!
07-14-2019, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
That is one of the nicest compliments I have ever gotten. Thanks!
You welcome, your imagery is always first class.
07-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Prima series Fries. Extraordinary! (And, if I haven't misunderstood you are a friend of Norway too. :-)
07-20-2019, 05:02 AM - 1 Like   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
if I haven't misunderstood you are a friend of Norway too.
The man must be getting fully booked... as he could easily become a friend of Scotland too with imagery like this.

07-20-2019, 06:11 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I love the series especially the third one. The timing is so perfect on the waves with the rock emphasizing the vastness of the sea.
07-20-2019, 02:19 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You welcome, your imagery is always first class.
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Prima series Fries. Extraordinary! (And, if I haven't misunderstood you are a friend of Norway too. :-)
Thank you! My parents took me to Norway almost every year as a small boy from 1982 on. My father introduced me to the wonderful mountain world of Sulitjelma just over the arctic circle. When I was 17 years old I went on my own to hike in Rondane and Dovrefjell. After that I've been hiking and fishing in Jotunheimen, Gausdal-Vestfjell, Tafjordfjella, Reinheimen, Trollheimen, Stølsheimen, Saltfjellet, Øvre Dividalen and for the last more than 20 years I've been all over Finnmark... Next month I'll be going to Finnmark again for what probably will be a fly fishing trip. So yes, you could say I have a weak spot for your country!

The man must be getting fully booked... as he could easily become a friend of Scotland too with imagery like this.

I'm sure getting a nice drink will be a lot cheaper over at your place! And Scotland is stunning too! Yet the lure of the mountain world far above the arctic circle is stronger for me. Although I have almost drowned my self crossing a river and in a small raft, survived windforce 10 in a small tent and countless mosquitoes, almost lost my way in the mist and suffered from hypothermia when the weather turned against me I keep coming back...

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I love the series especially the third one. The timing is so perfect on the waves with the rock emphasizing the vastness of the sea.
Susan, thank you! This part of the coast consist of clay and slowly but surly it is eroding.