Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Trailhawk
Posted By: crossed-up, 07-16-2019, 01:57 PM

I took my newly acquired Trailhawk out for a couple of hours last Sunday morning which was also an opportunity to take some pics.

All K3 with the DA35 Limited or DA*50-135.

Views: 516
07-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Some nice pics pf a nice looking Jeep doing some off roading and I like that slide out with the Coleman stove in the rear section of your SUV.

Is that a custom made slide out ?

A family member had a Jeep Patriot with the Trail Rated Package for about three years. He traded it in on a Nissan Frontier 4WD with the Pro4X off road package.

So far, how do you like your Trailhawk on off road excusrsions ?
07-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now this is some first-class automotive photography. Great compositions put the vehicle in context. Super job!!

Jer
07-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks both, it was the first time in ages I'd actually had a chance to take some shots of my own car. I'm still waiting to get around to doing something similar with the Abarth and VW in a suitable environment.

Regarding the drawer and fridge slide I built that for my Grand Cherokee that the Trailhawk now replaces, so I had to adapt it to fit. This was the first outing since doing so. I am more than happy with the off road capability of the Renegade. I've not been far in mine yet but my brother has an identical one that we've taken over the Pyrenees and Alps, and various UK trails with the Grand Cherokee. I actually quite like the smaller 'mountain goat' feel of the Renegade - and with half the fuel consumption of the V8! We're returning to the Alps in August.

Heres some off road shots of his:

Somewhere in Yorkshire, my silver GC in background.

Local off road site

Pyrenees

07-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Great 4 wheeling photos. Particularly like the first pix...shows off the beauty of the country and the 3rd shot where the Trail Hawk is getting some air.That small Jeep looks to do well, off road.

I understand that in the past, some European market Jeeps have different engine/transmission options than what is available in North America. What engine/transmission does your Renegade have ?

Yorkshire is beautiful countryside. I've been there a number of times. My wife's grandmother was from Knaresborough.

Thx for the explanation of the rear slide out. Nice job !

Last edited by lesmore49; 07-17-2019 at 07:10 PM.