Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
8 Likes  #1
San Marco square, sunrise
Lens: Hasselblad XCD 21mm Camera: Hasselblad X1D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 2s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 08-08-2019, 11:08 AM

One of the few perks of going to Venice in the middle of summer is that very few people are up for sunrise at 5 am, and you get San Marco square all for yourself A couple of seconds exposure with my Demo Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 850
08-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful photo, Vieri

It's many years since I visited Venice, but on that trip I recall getting up early to wander the square and along the canals before many other folks had appeared. That's when it's most appealing... and especially when there's a light mist, which lends a very romantic feeling
08-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very beautifully done. It is a wonderful city to visit as it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. See Venice, then die, because it will never get better. Thnx.

TT
08-09-2019, 06:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like the feel of this one, Vieri. It's a place waiting in anticipation for its people!

Jer

08-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a great shot of the square and St Marks Cathedral! I am impressed that you even beat the pigeons. I have been there twice and just didn't have it in me to get up that early, maybe I will if I get there a third time.
08-14-2019, 12:12 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Beautiful photo, Vieri

It's many years since I visited Venice, but on that trip I recall getting up early to wander the square and along the canals before many other folks had appeared. That's when it's most appealing... and especially when there's a light mist, which lends a very romantic feeling
Thank you very much BigMack, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I completely agree with you. Venice is great like that!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Very beautifully done. It is a wonderful city to visit as it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. See Venice, then die, because it will never get better. Thnx.

TT
Thank you very much Tony, I am glad you enjoyed it! Yes, Venice is truly a unique place, and when not too crowded an amazingly beautiful one as well!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I like the feel of this one, Vieri. It's a place waiting in anticipation for its people!

Jer
Thank you very much Jer, glad you enjoyed the mood here!

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is a great shot of the square and St Marks Cathedral! I am impressed that you even beat the pigeons. I have been there twice and just didn't have it in me to get up that early, maybe I will if I get there a third time.
Thank you very much Todd, glad you liked it! Lol, true - probably even the pigeons were waiting or their first cappuccino before hitting the road / sky...!

Best regards,

Vieri