Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
High Falls, Nipissing River
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Algonquin Park 
Posted By: normhead, 08-30-2019, 01:46 PM

Cross posted in "Waterfalls and Moving Water""

High Falls on the Nipissing River. I can tell you where it is, but you probably can't get there. it's in the middle of Algonquin Park, fly ins aren't allowed, it takes even an experienced young fit tripper a couple days to get there, slogging though rocky shallows and bog and few small lakes That give you a few minutes away from portaging every now and then) and some very rugged long dangerous portages, including the famous "Heart Attack Hill."

It's beside a 1300 meter portage, there are no short cuts.

Last edited by normhead; 08-30-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Mis-identified lens
Views: 568
08-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice series Norm, I particularly like the close-ups, I often think they are more dramatic than the well know views.
08-30-2019, 06:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Very nice series Norm, I particularly like the close-ups, I often think they are more dramatic than the well know views.
All these Algonquin falls seem to have their close up opportunities. Thanks for noticing.