Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
More cars
Lens: SMC-K 24mm f2.8 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Auburn, IN ISO: 400 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Riggomatic, 08-30-2019, 07:23 PM

Various cars around the square for the Friday night cruise in. There were so many people, I could only get portions of the cars. I didn't want people's faces in them if I could help it.

Views: 570
08-31-2019, 06:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice series. I particularly like the B&W shot - great composition and B&W really works well.

Jer
08-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Very nice shots. I kinda do the same thing as you do when I go to car shows now. I try to avoid people and of course those pesky light poles that seem to be everywhere on parking lots. This year I've been taking my new (Xmas '18) Pentax D FA 100 Macro F 2.8 WR and get narrow field of view shots...much easier to avoid the throngs and light poles. I look for automotive styling cues from cars of the past, to capture with my lens. It's been working for me, and I also use my 28-105 on my K-1, easy to narrow the FOV with just a touch on the zoom ring.
08-31-2019, 12:49 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Very nice series. I particularly like the B&W shot - great composition and B&W really works well.

Jer
Thank you. I'd taken one from further away, but I liked this one better.

---------- Post added 08-31-19 at 03:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Very nice shots. I kinda do the same thing as you do when I go to car shows now. I try to avoid people and of course those pesky light poles that seem to be everywhere on parking lots. This year I've been taking my new (Xmas '18) Pentax D FA 100 Macro F 2.8 WR and get narrow field of view shots...much easier to avoid the throngs and light poles. I look for automotive styling cues from cars of the past, to capture with my lens. It's been working for me, and I also use my 28-105 on my K-1, easy to narrow the FOV with just a touch on the zoom ring.
Thank you. I'm heading to one of the auctions later, which requires a ticket to get in, so maybe not so many people.

If they everyone knew that the cars are there for just me to enjoy, this would be so much easier.