PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 1,267
09-19-2019, 05:24 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
An absolute wonderful image and yes, that lens is superb.
Thank you Heinrich!

09-19-2019, 02:10 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really 'fresh' image of a delicate flower!
09-19-2019, 07:48 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Really 'fresh' image of a delicate flower!
Thanks for the comment Fries!
09-20-2019, 02:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member

My first 1:1 macro shot taken with a designated MACRO lens... not reversed or with a bellows.... was taken with the wonderful FA-50mm f:2.8 Pentax lens. It served me well for several years, but as my flexibility decreased as I aged, I finally sold it and bought it's big brother, the FA-100mm f:2.8 macro because of the longer minimum focusing distance. To be honest, I can see very little difference in the quality of images from either lens. My eyesight is far from being what it was as a young man, but I still consider these two lenses as being among the best Pentax ever made, especially when cost is concerned.

09-20-2019, 03:54 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
My first 1:1 macro shot taken with a designated MACRO lens... not reversed or with a bellows.... was taken with the wonderful FA-50mm f:2.8 Pentax lens. It served me well for several years, but as my flexibility decreased as I aged, I finally sold it and bought it's big brother, the FA-100mm f:2.8 macro because of the longer minimum focusing distance. To be honest, I can see very little difference in the quality of images from either lens. My eyesight is far from being what it was as a young man, but I still consider these two lenses as being among the best Pentax ever made, especially when cost is concerned.
I have read from others on PF about the renowned FA 100 mm macro. I have the DFA 100mm macro and really love it, and I would say the IQ is right there with the 50mm. I agree with you on the flexibility issues, I am having a much more difficult time getting into position for many macro shots these days, and the 100mm makes it somewhat easier to do.
09-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I have read from others on PF about the renowned FA 100 mm macro. I have the DFA 100mm macro and really love it, and I would say the IQ is right there with the 50mm. I agree with you on the flexibility issues, I am having a much more difficult time getting into position for many macro shots these days, and the 100mm makes it somewhat easier to do.
Todd, I might recommend the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG lens. It has a 1:2 macro capability with a 37" minimum focus distance. It's wonderful for us older photographers that aren't as limber as we used to be. The price is very reasonable and the IQ is amazing, IMHO.
09-20-2019, 09:29 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Todd, I might recommend the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG lens. It has a 1:2 macro capability with a 37" minimum focus distance. It's wonderful for us older photographers that aren't as limber as we used to be. The price is very reasonable and the IQ is amazing, IMHO.
Thanks for the recommendation Dewman. I will look into it.