Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Olympus OM-D E-M1 II (Cougar)
Lens: Panasonic Lumix G 25MM 1.7 Camera: Olympus OM-D E-M1 II ISO: 640 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: Lmcfarrin, 09-29-2019, 10:52 PM

Cougar

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M1MarkII  Photo 

Views: 385
09-29-2019, 11:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,581
What a beautiful photograph of a very magnificent animal. Here kitty,kitty. )

TT
09-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,669
Truly a gorgeous puss-cat. Look at the thickness of those legs, the size of the paws - that is one BIG puss-cat.
Great capture.
09-30-2019, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,007
25mm!!!! I assume there's some glass between you?

10-01-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Lmcfarrin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 696
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
25mm!!!! I assume there's some glass between you?
Yes, glass is there. I have the FEVER to complete a real wildlife shoot within the next couple of years. The sizes of the zoo animals allow me to guage distance necessary for framing of cropped and uncropped images.

The Olympus E-M1 II has an in camera 2 times digital teleconverter. If active a 25mm shot becomes a 50 mm .jpeg, but maintains the 25mm raw.

I plan to use at times the same photo capture techniques i use for my birds in flight photography to get in close. By adapting my Tamron 70-200MM 2.8 to my Oly it becomes a 140mm to 400mm, with in camera digital teleconverter activated = 280MM to 800MM equivalent field of view to full frame.
10-01-2019, 05:40 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,007
Does the 2x digital tc affect the evf? Is that the main reason to use it?
10-01-2019, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Lmcfarrin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 696
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Does the 2x digital tc affect the evf? Is that the main reason to use it?
The tc remains active in the evf. My main reason for using it is for the additional reach/focal length.

My only evaluation and need for the evf is to frame subject while using focus peaking. As long as the peaking works to my satisfaction, im not concerned with the quality of the image in tbe evf

Last edited by Lmcfarrin; 10-01-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added additional comments
10-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #8
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,001
QuoteOriginally posted by Lmcfarrin Quote
Yes, glass is there. I have the FEVER to complete a real wildlife shoot within the next couple of years. The sizes of the zoo animals allow me to guage distance necessary for framing of cropped and uncropped images.

The Olympus E-M1 II has an in camera 2 times digital teleconverter. If active a 25mm shot becomes a 50 mm .jpeg, but maintains the 25mm raw.

I plan to use at times the same photo capture techniques i use for my birds in flight photography to get in close. By adapting my Tamron 70-200MM 2.8 to my Oly it becomes a 140mm to 400mm, with in camera digital teleconverter activated = 280MM to 800MM equivalent field of view to full frame.
I thought the next photo was going to be of a Cougar consuming a flying robin/jay/....

10-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Lmcfarrin's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Indiana
Photos: Albums
Posts: 696
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I thought the next photo was going to be of a Cougar consuming a flying robin/jay/....
Hahahahaha.
10-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,007
QuoteOriginally posted by Lmcfarrin Quote
The tc remains active in the evf. My main reason for using it is for the additional reach/focal length.

My only evaluation and need for the evf is to frame subject while using focus peaking. As long as the peaking works to my satisfaction, im not concerned with the quality of the image in tbe evf
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the clear explanation.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cougar, lmcfarrin, olympus em-1ii, olympus om-d e-m1, om-d e-m1 ii, panasonic lumix 25mm 1.8, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone here use an Olympus OM-1 or OM-4? Jonathan Mac Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 24 07-03-2020 11:19 PM
Nature Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Mounted with Nikkor 105mm F2.5 (Blackbird in flight) Lmcfarrin Post Your Photos! 3 05-13-2019 06:28 PM
Nature Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Mounted With Meyer Optik 58MM 1.9 (Woodpecker in Flight) Lmcfarrin Post Your Photos! 24 01-27-2019 06:51 AM
Olympus OM-D E-M1 for $799! Today only (8-15-16)! The Squirrel Mafia Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 5 08-15-2016 10:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top