Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Heron catches fish
Lens: smc PENTAX-FA 70-200mm F4-5.6 Camera: K-1 ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: K1N8, 09-30-2019, 10:14 AM

After my last post in August, i found out that there are two Gray Herons (EU) that frequent the local town lake. Keeping an eye out and with a bit of patience, i managed to capture dinner time. This was the 2nd time around at pretty much the same spot, while the 1st try had too much motion blur.

Looking for a cheap 200mm, i picked up a smc PENTAX-FA 70-200mm F4-5.6, which isn't great, but at least has auto focus and gets me close enough without scaring the animal away. Took some post processing to get it usable. RT 5.7, de-noise, de-fringe, de-haze, CA removed, exposure and a little crop.

License: CC BY-NC-SA

Views: 449
09-30-2019, 03:22 PM   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a good sized fish. And a good capture. It is hard to get these shots and perfection (like not being backlit) is too much to ask. I suppose the fish was not interested in the details of the PP.
09-30-2019, 04:15 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
That's a good sized fish. And a good capture. It is hard to get these shots and perfection (like not being backlit) is too much to ask. I suppose the fish was not interested in the details of the PP.
Thanks PJ. Maybe on a sunny evening, at a different spot i might get lucky again. What bugged me most is this top-down angle, when i wanna be on eye level.