Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Never seen one of these before. A strawberry bush. ??
Lens: Sigma 70~300mm APO Macro Lens. Camera: Canon EOS Rebel t5. Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: Tonytee, 10-01-2019, 10:05 PM

Focal Length 235mm, Manual Exposure Mode, -1EV, No Fill Flash With CWA Metering. I am told by the employees that these berries are very sweet. Yum!!

Thanks for viewing.

TT
Views: 493
10-02-2019, 05:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi good shot, here in Italy there is the Arbutus unedo (called corbezzolo in italian) that we eat, it is present as a wild plant but it is also cultivated in small quantities, the plant i the pictures is that or a related species.
10-02-2019, 05:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
Hi good shot, here in Italy there is the Arbutus unedo (called corbezzolo in italian) that we eat, it is present as a wild plant but it is also cultivated in small quantities, the plant i the pictures is that or a related species.
In the UK Arbutus Unedo is also known as the strawberry tree, and is grown as an ornamental plant. Not eaten here!
10-02-2019, 06:23 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have six of them in my yard and quite a few are in my neighborhood. I use them for a short to medium height screening tree.

10-02-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote

I was just recently informed that this is called; "Lychee" in Australia and New Zealand. Also, that with ice cream, it is very delicious. I was indeed surprised to learn that it is

native to the United States. Typically, they grow 10 feet tall, however this species reaches a maximum height of 8 feet.

Many thanks for your comment.

TT

---------- Post added 10-02-19 at 02:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by StephenHampshire Quote
In the UK Arbutus Unedo is also known as the strawberry tree, and is grown as an ornamental plant. Not eaten here!

Well sir, I suggest you try them. I understand they are quite a delicious treat.

TT

---------- Post added 10-02-19 at 02:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I have six of them in my yard and quite a few are in my neighborhood. I use them for a short to medium height screening tree.

Thank you very much for your contribution.

TT
12-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Focal Length 235mm, Manual Exposure Mode, -1EV, No Fill Flash With CWA Metering. I am told by the employees that these berries are very sweet. Yum!!

Thanks for viewing.

TT
Arbutos - I think; also known as the Irish Strawberry Tree; and this is a fine picture of them
12-23-2021, 05:22 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by saley Quote
Arbutos - I think; also known as the Irish Strawberry Tree; and this is a fine picture of them
saley, many thanks for your contribution and compliment. Best wishes for this Holiday Season.

Cheers mate,

Tony