Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
An unlikely encounter
Lens: 55-300mm PLM Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Outskirts of Tyumen 
Posted By: MetalUndivided, 10-02-2019, 05:43 PM

This July I was strolling around some summer houses in hope of finding some cooperative birds.
As I was waiting by a small pond in hopes of seeing some waterfowl, I've heard some strange sounds, sounds I've never heard before. I've decided to wait a little longer to maybe see the source, which I assumed was a bird of some sort.
A couple of minutes later, something red and dog-sized presented itself. My first thought was that it was a dog, I was, after all, no more than a couple dozen meters from a summer house, but upon seeing its gait and a short black-tipped tail, I realized that it wasn't a dog I was looking at.
The Lynx was still oblivious to my presence as the shutter started clunking, so I, hardly containing my excitement, managed to whistle and attract the animal's attention presenting me with this shot.
We stared at each other for maybe a minute and a half, 12 or so meters apart, separated by a small body of water. It had then proceeded to disappear in vegetation and I decided it would be best not to follow.

There are a couple more pictures, although they're only slightly different, but let me know if you're interested in seeing them.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 464
10-02-2019, 06:21 PM - 1 Like   #2
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot. I would love to see more. Accidental happenings like this make great shots because there are great stories to go with them.
10-02-2019, 06:31 PM - 2 Likes   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Nice shot. I would love to see more. Accidental happenings like this make great shots because there are great stories to go with them.
Sure, here they are:

First picture showcases its majestic "sideburns"

In the second picture I was moving around slightly trying to get those branches out of my view. As you can see the Lynx didn't like that the smallest bit, but you can see its ear tufts, despite missing focus slightly (the vegetation was harsh on AF).

Last picture is actually one of the first ones chronologically, one of the photos I took before attracting its attention (it would've waddled away otherwise!).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
10-02-2019, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you. They are a very handsome animal.

10-02-2019, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #5

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.